the geek chronicles

writing. shooting. embracing life.

Sunday, October 10, 2004

always look at the bright side of your life

what a night! thank you Lord for the unexpected (bright) turn of events! thank you for reminding me of your presence.

contrary to what i had posted earlier, everything went well during the rest of the evening. i enjoyed my stay at the office earlier. really! it's just a matter of making the best of what you have. yes, i made the best out of it. a carton of mocha java from Mini Stop later, i was perked up again, energetic like my old self. i talked to people- my co-writers for the paper and i really had fun hanging out even if i had to work at the same time. wow. revising the article was really hard! i left the office at 10pm. my sister and kuya john picked me up at Starbucks again and we met up with jinx at Tazza for coffee. i only had a sandwich, though. i realized i hadn't eaten yet. although my eyes felt tired, the caffeine rush was still running through my veins. then i realized that everything turned out oppositely as it had started. God really worked through me. i'm fine now. i'm accepting things as they are and guess what? i'm HAPPY! amidala was also with us during the whole ride to and from Manila. she was a good girl! i'm glad to have her back home! when we finally got back to Q.C., i realized that i don't have a picture with cutie amidala yet so here it is:


amidala and myself after we got home a few minutes ago. i love her to pieces. having her cuddle on my lap during the ride was really relaxing! i love cuddling her! oh, and i'm really wasted and tired here. don't be fooled by the big geeky smile on my face. amidala makes me smile that wide no matter how exhausted i am.


on the way home i remembered what Morrie said to Mitch (Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom) about emotions.

"Take any emotion-love for a woman, or grief for a loved one, or what i'm going through, fear and pain from a deadly illness. if you hold back on the emotions- if you don't allow yourself to go all the way through them- you can never get to being detached, you're too busy being afraid. you're afraid of the vulnerability that loving entails.

but by throwing yourself into these emotions, by allowing yourself to dive in, all the way, over your head even, you experience them full and completely. you know what pain is. you know what love is. you know what grief is. and only then can you say, "alright. i have experienced that emotion. i recognize that emotion. now i need to detach from that emotion for a moment."

and Mitch said...
"i thought about how often this was needed in everyday life. how we feel lonely, sometimes to the point of tears, but we don't let those tears come because we are not supposed to cry. or how we feel a surge of love for a partner but we don't say anything because we're frozen with the fear of what those words might do to the relationship. Morrie's approach was exactly the opposite. turn on the faucet. wash yourself with the emotion. it won't hurt you. it will only help. if you let the fear inside, if you pull it on like a familiar shirt, then you can say to yourself, "All right. It's just fear, I don't have to let it control me. I see for what it is."


thank you, Morrie Schwartz and Mitch Albom.

tonight before i go to sleep i'm going to thank GOD, my sister, kuya John, Jinx, and of course Amidala for making my day end GREAT! i feel like i can go through anything now as long as i have people around who loves me (thanks Apol and mitchie) and as long as GOD watches over me i'm going to be just FINE :)

Lord i'm thankful for my blessings
everything that you gave
Times when danger was around me
My life lord you saved
Where would I be without your love
Where would I be without your grace
You didn't have to do it but I'm glad you did.
-Thankful, Mary Mary


1 Comments:

Blogger kat said...

hey gail, my tita is Carolina Hernandez; she's a prof at UP. have you taken any classes with her?

5:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home