the geek chronicles

writing. shooting. embracing life.

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

change starts NOW

I received this from my email from a grade school friend who's a member of HOM. I'm reposting it here just in case someone stumbles upon this blog and decides to go too. That would be one more pair of hands! I'm really hoping that this time I WILL GO. I've been wanting to for ages because I'm scared of being all talk and all heart but I never put into actions what I really want to do. Bad schedule kept getting in the way and sometimes, I must admit, I just feel like Makati is too far away from where I live.

But I think it's time to STOP MAKING EXCUSES and get a move on because it's 2009 already, for crying out loud! I'm really hoping that case study won't get in the way of Thursday next week because other than that, I think I'm really good to go!

THIS IS IT...I HAVE TO GO. I MUST GO.

"Be the change you wish to see in the world." -Mahatma Ghandi


HANDS ON MANILA
(HTTP://HANDSONMANILA.COM.PH)


Next Volunteer
Orientation will be on
February 26, 2009
at Powerbooks
Greenbelt, 6pm.
There is a P150.00 donation
to cover the cost of the handouts
upon registration.

Call 386-6521 or 473-7458
for more information.


I'm eyeing the Play Buddies project by KYTHE-- all age appropriate play and bedtime activities. Plus, the hospitals are over this side of the city so there! I have extra time on my hands before school starts again for Intensive Lecture so I have extra days to spare. I really hope this will work out! I initially planned on getting a tutoring job while going to nursing school but this is way better than getting a job.

Suddenly I'm excited about something again. :)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home