the geek chronicles

writing. shooting. embracing life.

Sunday, February 15, 2009

break time

I remember now why I was chubbier in college-- I EAT A LOT WHEN I STUDY. I stuff my face with chocolates, hard candy, mugs of coffee, milk, cookies, toast...the list is endless. I'm extra hungry when I study and it has become a form of habit to nibble on something while I study. But lately I've become wiser to stay away from food that take more energy to digest as it robs the body of energy, thus sleepiness occurs.

I'm studying for an anatomy midterm on tuesday. Or maybe it's "studying" with the quotation marks because I keep pacing inside this room getting distracted by the tv, this computer, and other things. It seems like it's too early to study for the exam but I'm actually LATE because there are a lot to memorize. Don't get me wrong, I think the human body is AMAZING but when you memorize a lot of parts of the body, it's exhausting it really makes me sleepy.

I can't believe it's almost summer already. What are your plans? All I want to do for the summer is go on road trips, go to the beach, get back to reading-- Love, Stargirl (Jerry Spinelli) and finish The Secret (Rhonda Byrne) as well as go back to watching movies like "Across the Universe", "Seven Pounds" (we missed the movie dates!) and "Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist". Sometimes I think I live in an alternate universe of books, music, writing, and movies where my mind freely wanders. People who know me well believes that I am a loner. Even my classmates in nursing school thinks it's odd how I've become used to living alone (sort of) and how I don't get lonely except occasionally when I miss the company of my family, most especially my sister. I think it's not odd. I guess I'm just comfortable being with myself and believe it or not but I like it more like that sometimes. What's odd is that sometimes I feel more alone amongst a sea of friends rather than just being with myself.

Maybe this summer I should try writing poems. I don't write poems except if you want to consider the time in high school when I liked writing poems that rhymed. My English teacher Ms. Jo actually liked them and encouraged me to write more. But like I mentioned before, I hate the technical aspects of writing that's why I'll pretty much screw up writing poems at this age. But it takes time to learn the craft, I guess.

Yesterday was Valentine's Day. I spent it with family for my uncles' condo blessing and then went out to dinner at Healthy Shabu Shabu (my favorite resto!) with Alej. We had the seafood platter which I really really liked and polished off our dinner with Healthy/Japanese Halo Halo. I got a bouquet of flowers too, and duckie goodies (pajamas, keychain, bedroom slippers, and lots of chocolate) from my cousin from the States. Thank you all. I felt really, really la-la-LOVED!










Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home