the geek chronicles

writing. shooting. embracing life.

Saturday, February 24, 2007

Life is overwhelming sometimes. There are too many things to do, so many sights to see, places to (re)discover, music to listen to, books to read, scents to take in, people to meet, and stories to write. It's all exciting. Everything around me-- they blend perfectly into my melting pot that is my life.

Sometimes when I get carried away I tell myself that I can die at that very moment when I felt infinite. Then again, I realize that I haven't done anything that is life changing or honorable. I haven't been to Africa to work with orphans, I haven't saved a life yet, I haven't donated blood, I haven't done anything for a cause. I don't think I want to go yet because if I die without doing anything for a cause or even something that is remotely life changing, it would be a very sad death.

I want to take it all in-- life and everything about it. But I'm afraid I might suffocate or choke if I try them all at once. So one day at a time. That is my philosophy in life-- one day at a time.

3 Comments:

Blogger Maria Bella said...

I know what you mean Gaily~ Sometimes I wish I had time travel powers (like Hiro) so that I can take in as much as I can~ But reality is that we are only human and our bodies can't take on too much~ I think it's wonderful that you being so young, you want to make a difference in this world, a difference in someone's life :)

12:07 AM  
Blogger KAI said...

Ok, I never thought not being a good samaratin as dying a sad death. I guess, that sums up my kind-heartedness. Haha. But you're cool! I really like that. Very inspirational. Yeah, you're like Hiro! And I'm like Ando, haha :))

12:48 AM  
Blogger Gail Mallo said...

TITA BELLE: I want to. I just don't know if it's ever going to happen. :(

KAI: Nooo! What I meant was, not being able to help a teeny weeny bit before I die is DYING A SAD DEATH. It's just sad.

And thank you for thinking that I am cool even if I think that I'm the biggest dork in the planet with all these things going on inside my head. It's very exhausting, you know. Hehe! But it's fine. And... come to think of it, I AM LIKE HIRO! I am an underdog. And I want to save the world even if the world thinks I am a loser.

Hello, Ando! :D I've missed you. Sorry I didn't let you get in the bus with me. HAHA!

1:33 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home