the geek chronicles

writing. shooting. embracing life.

Monday, February 12, 2007

Life Can Be Beautiful

I think this is the point of my life when I want to try out everything that I should try out. "No guts, no glory", they say. No, I'm not talking about drugs or whatever. I'm talking about bigger, better things that could determine my career. I don't want to look back when I'm old and gray and think of the what-could-have-beens. I'm sure it's pretty heartbreaking.

The 20s is the decade where I'll probably have the most fun-- life-planning/career-planningwise. The fun part probably ended in college. That doesn't mean that the fun part will never come back now that another life is beginning. The fun part is always waiting for me around the corner because I have awesome friends and new ones that I'm starting to get to know. The thing is, the 20s is where we all begin to think how we'd want our lives to turn out. I'm scared shit of going through new things and leaving old things behind. Closing chapters is a sad thing to do. Saying goodbye to an old life and hello to a new life is quite petrifying. But the world works how it works and I think I like how I'm beginning to grow up.

Not being able to graduate on time (no thanks to math but that's another story for another blog post...) was a blessing, in a way. It was as if life gave me an extra year to re-think what I'd want to do with my life, it gave me more time to mature (seriously, if I had graduated on time, I probably wouldn't have known what to do with myself), and it gave me more time to enjoy life as a student. Idealists and moralists (or are they the same?) may raise eyebrows and say that not graduating on time is a no-no. It's part of a huge failure-- a dent in a perfect world. But perfect for me is not hurrying life. I'm still young and there's still the whole world out there waiting for me. I know someone like me who should've graduated a long time but because he doesn't want to go out into the world yet, he keeps filing for Leave of Absence just to delay the graduation. I think I'm ready. What Simoun said to me was right, something about the world/God delaying you to get to the finish line because you aren't ready yet and we get to the finish line when we're ready. Sometimes we don't even notice what's happening but when the right time comes, we realize that what was a FAILURE before was a BLESSING afterall because from FAILURES come WINDOWS OF OPPORTUNITIES. When the right time comes and we're already butterflies ready to fly into the world, we become excited and no longer scared of what is to come.

And that, for me, is the beauty of life. The excitement of not knowing what's waiting out there, the forks in the road and the choices that we have to make, count in the mistakes and more mishaps that we will encounter along the way, they are all a part of a GREAT BIG PLAN that moulds us into what we are about to become. The heartaches, triumphs, disappointments and all, I guess they're all part of the ride.

And the finish line has finally come (though not official yet) and I have my math professors who failed me in college to thank and friends that I met along the way that made all the heartaches and failures worth it for simply being there.

AND I FEEL LIKE SHOUTING TO EVERYONE: YESSSSS! MY TRANSCRIPT IS NOT PERFECT. I HAVE FAILING GRADES IN MATH. ONLY IN MATH. AND I'M DAMN PROUD OF BEING SLOOWWWW IN MATH. WHEEEE!

The past part is that it's all behind me now-- the heartaches, the bawling over not graduating on time, and the self-pity. When I was at that stage, I told myself that someday I'm going to look back and smile because it's all over. And I'm already in that stage!!! It's all behind me now. I'm glad I didn't give up and I couldn't be happier.

On the lighter note, I painted my nails red and my father hates it. HAHA! According to his words, "Bad trip". HAHAHA!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


I am aware that I spelled it as "DIDN'" without the "T". It was a mistake, okay. Call the spelling police if you have a problem with that. HAHA! Defensive, much? :P

7 Comments:

Blogger Maria Bella said...

Gaily, you are growing up so fast! Look at you now, I can't believe this beautiful, talented, mature, young lady that you have become~ Take it all in and live life as if it was in slow motion...because unfortunately, there is no rewind button~
sidenote: I actually thought you typed that on purpose..."didn'" sounds more ghetto with attitude, LOL

12:32 AM  
Blogger Gail Mallo said...

really? cooler and more ghetto with attitude? well, in that case, YEAH I DID IT ON PURPOSE! HAHAHA!

thank you, tita. you're too good for my ego. :P

1:14 AM  
Blogger Mha'ri said...

hey gail :) i smell positive vibes here, it's good to know you've got more time to think about the BIG, SCARY stuffs after graduation. haha. i hope the career you choose will really make you happy because you deserve to be!

that grade in math will be soon be forgotten because you'll be too busy making money and enjoying your passion with the wonderful job you'll get after college.

11:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i like your headband. where did you get it? :)

1:13 PM  
Blogger jon go said...

i m the speling polis! and you're under arest missy... bwahahaa

7:55 PM  
Blogger KAI said...

At least you're done with the crap! Me? The 20s will be grueled with Math all over again. I think I'll finish college at 30. Haha, nevertheless, it's good to dream big. It's what we're supposed to do. I mean, I'll never settle for a job at Taco Bell or something, hahaha! And yeah, DIDN' sounded ghetto to me too. That's how they say it here. :)) Love the nail color! Very V-day. :P

12:36 AM  
Blogger Bluejedi said...

Steve Jobs and Gates were univ. drop- outs along with countless others but they excelled and succeeded. This post of yours reminded me of Job's speech in Stanford U. Four words from Jobs-- "Stay hungry, stay foolish."

8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home