the geek chronicles

writing. shooting. embracing life.

Thursday, February 22, 2007

The Resurrection of Shutterbug Gail (COMING SOON!)

I'm going to get my Holga 120 CFN on Wednesday! WOWWW. That was fast. I thought I was going to get it by mid April, the earliest. And my digicam is arriving on Tuesday, February the 27th too! Next week is going to be a very shutter-happy week for me! Everything is falling into the right places (I'm not just talking about cameras). I hope it continues to stay that way.

This is the Holga 120 CFN. If you want to see sample shots of a Holga, click here for awesome Holga lomos. It uses medium format film that's why the photos are square. Special developing is also required but lucky for me there's a Fuji store in Megamall where I can get my lomos developed!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
credit goes to David Fisher for the Holga photo.

The reason why I said that I have a good feeling about this summer is because I can finally be Shutterbug Gail again. I'd really want to go back to Old Manila (Intramuros) and be a tourist in my own country. It feels great to "oooh" and "aaahhh" when you visit such lovely places that exist in this very city we live in. Sometimes we think too far, we dream of faraway exotic/historical places when all the while, beauty is just within reach.

* * *


Yesterday, it felt really good hearing "You did very well" from a guest juror at our Econ116 face-off (merits and demerits of social economics issues). Mine was on the demerits of a legislated wage hike. And then when I got home I went to Ash Wednesday mass alone because my sister and my father were still at work. It was very hot yesterday that it was so annoying. The ventilation in the church was bad too because of the heat and the lack of oxygen made me even drowsier.


I was part of the group who was assigned to decorate the room with malongs. I made the banner! HEHE! Social Econoimics= SOCIONOMICS. HEEH.


the podium.


the speech.


I was so tired yesteday that I fell into a Tylenol PM induced sleep last night because of a headache. And my eyes hurt too that it bothered me enough to stay awake for the first thirty minutes of lying down. After taking sleep-inducing pills, I fell into a deep sleep and woke up STILL SLEEPY! It always happens when I take Tylenol PM. I end up being sleepy for the rest of the day. I'm fighting the drowsiness because I don't feel like sleeping.

I had another headache today but not the migraine kind. So I figured maybe it's because I haven't been wearing my glasses. So I put them on and an hour later I was feeling okay already!

Oh, a humongous pimple appeared on the middle of my forehead. It's annoying. Benzoyl Peroxide is my pimple's friend. Go awayyy, pimple. Shoooo!

And before I leave, I leave you with this cute picture:

PotPot is the stuffed duckie my sister and kuya John got for me when they ate at Saisaki. Don't give me that funny face because I'm not the one who named the poor thing PotPot. HAHA! On the right is the unnamed rat my mother gave me when we were still in the Emirates. I didn't think it was a rodent so I cut the tail off (it didn't look like a tail) until a friend told me it is a rat. HAHA! :P

Have a good day, kids!

2 Comments:

Blogger Joseph Forest a.k.a. Joselito L. said...

"SOCIAL ECONOIMICS" pala....eh di dapat yung sign mo should read "SOCIONOIMICS"!!! hehehehehehe

9:13 PM  
Blogger Gail Mallo said...

TITO LYNN: Ngeeeeeeeeeee!!!!! :P

4:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home