the geek chronicles

writing. shooting. embracing life.

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

semi-productive. must be going somewhere.

I was pretty productive today. Aside from starting on the second chapter of my thesis proposal, I was able to FINALLY burn a cd of Professor Talampas's readings sent through email for Apple. I was also able to find the brochures/leaflets/booklets I got during my two-month practicum at the Philippine General Hospital doing research on HIV/AIDS. I organized them into a single long envelope just so all my research materials will be within reach (knowing how much of a scatterbrain I am). Plus, I was able to write a write-up for someone who needed my help for work.

i was also able to watch Guess Who? with Alej this afternoon when he dropped by after his errands (which is countless, if you'd ask me). Alla has a big crush on Alej! see? there's chemistry! HAHAHA!!!



The only things I need to do before my 2:30pm class tomorrow is to:
1. burn a cd of pictures from past org's activities for the yearbook.
2. write a write-up for the block & a course description for the yearbook.

Hurray. I'm moving forward. I told Alej how much I'm scared to fall behind especially when I'm so close to the finish line. Then again, someone asked why I'm such in a hurry to grow up when I'm still too young to fast forward time. "What's the use?" he asked. "You'll end up looking back & wish you weren't too future-minded anyhow!". Er, okay. I get your point.

anyway, while i was looking for the research materials i was able to rummage the bookshelf & found this mini notebook where i used to write random things in high school. there were unfinished poems, mad rants like how much i hated school & that my crush looked me in the eye (hehe!), & several quotes from text messages that were sent to me. among all these scribbles stood out this paragraph. i don't remember where i copied it from so here's me crediting whoever wrote this (you're a genius, really):

"i personally come from a dark place, a city of self. i have seen ways of selfishness. i have seen it fail miserably. when self-indulgence rules, everyone loses, & in the end, those striving for personal gains are left nothing of real value. because everything that we will know in this life of any real value comes from the relationships we have with those we love. because there is nothing material or superficial that can measure against the tangibles of true love & friendship."

sigh

it's almost 1.30am. i must be really caffeinated to stay up this late. right? RIGHT! i had three glasses of Coke today. all that sugar & caffeine for the sake of the feel of fizz going down my throat. why do softdrinks have to be addictive?

okay that's for another time. good night erm.. morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home