the geek chronicles

writing. shooting. embracing life.

Sunday, September 11, 2005

Lose Control

i have to confess that i like Jasmine Trias's Lose Control song. shooooot meeee! i just ate my words! when there was Jasmine fever in Manila after her American Idol stint, her face was everywhere along EDSA: on billboards, posters at McDonald's, for BENCH, and tv advertisements. it drove me crazy. plus, as if the Pinoys couldn't get enough of Jasmine... the McDonald's song played on the radio all the time! so you can't really blame me for thinking that the Jasmine hype became too ridiculous to bear. but the second time i heard Lose Control, i thought it was an upbeat song that i could listen to when i feel like i'm in a sing-song-i-wanna-dance mood. each person has his/her own "thing". my "thing" is that i like to dance when no one's watching. as in the i-don't-care-if-i-look-stupid kind of dance! my favorite song to dance to when i'm down in the dumps? I Believe by Yolanda Adams from the HONEY movie soundtrack (my favorite feel-good movie too). dancing is good therapy, i tell you. sometimes i get caught by my sister HAHA! but it's okay, she may think i'm crazy but it's a good form of work out!

anyway, rewind to a few days back... i caught Ina on YM & i started ranting on norms-- on what's wrong & what's right & who has the right to say what's right from wrong. then i said:

"20 is the time to be rebellious!"

apple & i at the Palawan State University circa February 2005. that's me imitating the Oblation Statue of U.P. which symbolizes freedom.yes, folks. this is me shamefully quoting myself from a YM conversation i had with Ina. it was only then when i realized that because before i thought saying "being 20 is different from having the suffix teen attached to your age" was overrated. so now i'm saying it: IT'S NOT! according to J.C. in another conversation in YM, "we're in a quarter-life crisis!". oh yes! some of the best & most meaningful conversations happen in Yahoo Messenger daily, folks! or maybe if ONLY you're a big computer geek like i am. but he's also right. i should keep my feet on the ground. while it's good to see what the view is like from the edge, it's also very important that i learn to balance myself or else i'd trip over & fall.

but 20 is probably the start of the "the age of exploration". HAHA! nevermind "rebellion" because saying "the age of rebellion" connotes a certain negativity. no, i'm not thinking about drugs nor will i do anything stupid. it's just a feeling that i want to take in because i feel like i'm a free spirit floating through life & let it remain that way for now before i come down to earth again.

2 Comments:

Blogger Maniniyut said...

"but 20 is probably the start of the 'the age of exploration'."

feel free to explore, while you're young and you still have time to do so. let your "free spirit" rule for the meantime. I am in my late 20's, and it is only now that I began exploring my own happiness and purpose in life. I started late, but at least what I do now is what I enjoy doing for the rest of my life. I hope the same happens to you. Good luck.

greetings from a dormant (er lazy and uninspired) blogger ;)

12:44 AM  
Blogger hera said...

haha! jasmine isn't so bad...hehe... dati, i had the worst LSS of that paparapapa song.

i read your previous post, the one about you faith. i'm really happy for you. i was in UP last friday, my Jesus Revolution dun, dapat pala ininvite kita. anyway, i'll tell you pag meron ulit. sama ka ah!

God bless you gail! :)

3:21 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home