the geek chronicles

writing. shooting. embracing life.

Saturday, September 10, 2005

i love GOD & i'm proud of it!

Image hosted by Photobucket.comi want a Make Poverty History silicon wrist band to show support for the campaign but my parents are making a huge fuss about ordering it online & using their credit cards. but it's just £1!! sigh i'll just have to stick to the virutal "white band" on this blog. or maybe i can send the money through mail, right? hrmm... i just might do that. but the shipping might cost me more than the actual silicon band itself!

Singles for Christ people have been texting me and ate Grace called me last thursday asking if i'd attend the meeting at the church. the thing is, i had to study that night so i passed again. they're asking me to joing SFC because they're the ones handling the Gawar Kalinga project. i figured if i want to try what it's like doing volunteer work, i should start with a small unit, right? then Paul gave me tips on how to start with an NGO... he said i should apply for internship first or volunteer to see what it's like working for an NGO.

i'm taking baby steps for me to achieve my goals. pray for me!

The Universal Prayer


i love this poem. i was introduced to it in lit class by Ms. Jo.


FATHER of all! In every age,
In ev'ry clime ador'd,
By saint, by savage, and by sage,
Jehovah, Jove, or Lord!

Thou Great First Cause, least understood,
Who all my sense confin'd
To know but this, that Thou art good,
And that myself am blind:

Yet gave me, in this dark estate,
To see the good from ill;
And, binding Nature fast in Fate,
Left free the human Will.

What Conscience dictates to be done,
Or warns me not to do;
This teach me more than Hell to shun,
That more than Heav'n pursue.

What blessings thy free bounty gives
Let me not cast away;
For God is paid when man receives;
T' enjoy is to obey.

Yet not to earth's contracted span
Thy goodness let me bound,
Or think thee Lord alone of man,
When thousand worlds are round.

Let not this weak, unknowing hand
Presume thy bolts to throw,
And teach damnation round the land
On each I judge thy foe.

If I am right, thy grace impart,
Still in the right to stay;
If I am wrong, O teach my heart
To find that better way.

Save me alike from foolish Pride
Or impious Discontent,
At aught thy wisdom has denied,
Or aught that goodness lent.

Teach me to feel another's woe,
To right the fault I see:
That mercy I to others show,
That mercy show to me.

Mean tho' I am, not wholly so,
Since quicken'd by thy breath;
O lead me whereso'er I go,
Thro' this day's life or death!

This day be bread and peace my lot:
All else beneath the sun
Though know'st if best bestow'd or not,
And let Thy will be done.

To Thee, whose temple is of Space,
Whose altar earth, sea, skies,
One chorus let all Beings raise!
All Nature's incense rise!

-Alexander Pope


when i say i love GOD & believe in the power He has over me, it won't even justify the amount of love i have for Him. if it weren't for my FAITH in Him, i would have crumbled like a cookie already. i can feel His love all around me & my prayers being answered in many ways when i asked Him to guide me to the direction. i would not have realized my purpose in life without Him showing it to me. He gave me this HEART of mine to be big enough to accomodate my love for LIFE and people around me- be it strangers or not. sometimes i lie awake at night & think about the wrong things that came/come my way but then it would hit me that there is no such thing as "the wrong thing" because everything in my life-- along with the people in it are purposely sent my way for a purpose-- a reason i may not know at present but will be shown to me in an epiphany.

He works in mysterious ways no matter how many times we've heard it over & over. but with my faith like a child, i chose to BELIEVE. with His grace, i am seeing the world in a different light because no matter how harsh the world can be to a little helpless girl like me, there are still good things that are worth living for.

my prayer is for me to learn how to live for HIM & for others rather than for myself alone. with all my heart i thank Him for both blessings & trials that come my way because i am a weak person.

with Him in my heart i know i will be fine.

my apologies to Him if there may be times when i seem to be ungrateful or if i question Him. i know His love for me will always be with me no matter how hard the times.

that's the power of believing.

this is my song for the moment for Him. i read the lyrics from Leean & fell in love. listening to it sets me on a natural high. like i can go through anything :) listen to it! pleeeease?


Dear Lord (Sonicflood)

Dear Lord, this pain inside me
Tears me apart
And Lord the more it hurts
The harder my heart

Oh, in my darkest hour
Your love comes shining through
Your word is true and You make all things new
And I know You're all I need
You say You're here and You calm my fears
And i know You'll never leave


Dear Lord, my heart is breaking
Breaking in two
And Lord my spirit's torn and
Crushed without You


Higher than the stars that shine
And deeper than the sea
Is my Savior's precious love
Your love has set me free
Set me free



i'm going to share with you my "gospel" playlist that i always listen to:

I Will Sing Forever - Bukas Palad
Best Friend - Puff Daddy
The Prayer - Charlotte Church & Josh Groban
I Offer My Life - Don Moen
Here I Am, Lord -
One More Gift - Bukas Palad
Testify to Love - Avalon
Joyful, Joyful - Sister Act soundtrack
Shackles (Praise You) - Mary Mary
Lead Me Lord - Gary V.
Take Me Out of the Dark - Gary V.
Trading My Sorrows - Sonicflood
I'm Coming Back to the Heart of Worship - Sonicflood
Dear Lord - Sonicflood
Dreams - Jars of Clay
I Could Sing of Your Love Forever - Jars of Clay
Awesome God - Jars of Clay
Faith Like a Child - Jars of Clay
Life Me Up - Jars of Clay
Thankful - Mary Mary
Break Me - Gary Valenciano

may all of us have a blessed weekend! i know i will because my org (Organization of Area Studies Majors) is going to have a clean-up activity at the Manila Bay early at 6.30am tomorrow. wow! i want to see the sunrise! but 6.30 is too late for that. lets see if i can wake up earlier.

2 Comments:

Blogger The Pageman said...

hi gail,
I just realized you actually mentioned me here ... thanks for the mention! you're the best!

8:16 PM  
Blogger TruCoat Painters said...

Core Secrets

Buy Core Secrets here and get 50% off.

3:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home