the geek chronicles

writing. shooting. embracing life.

Thursday, September 15, 2005

i love rainy days

today it rained and rained and rained and rained some more the whole day. the weather was chilly & i was happy but there were puddles everywhere. it was hard to walk to another place without getting the bottom of my jeans wet.

i deliberately skipped school today (two classes) because i had to attend the City Council session of Pasig city which happens only once a week-- every thursday at 10am. so last night i set the alarm to go off at 7am but because it was so comfortable under the covers this morning, i must have switched off the alarm when it went off (a very bad habit of mine that i can really do without). when i (finally) woke up i looked at the clock half-asleep. it was as if someone poured ice water over my head when i saw that the hands pointed to 8AM. quickly, i woke my sister up. took a shower. in one hour, we were already on the road. picked up breakfast from McDonald's and quickly ate in the car. my sister and her boyfriend drove me to Pasig City again. it was traffic on the way but i somehow forgot the fact that i was already running late for the session because i enjoyed the rainy weather so much.

fast forward to the session... i got to the Pasig City Convention Center at 10.30am. yes, i was late. but i went anyway. i got kind of lost until i finally asked the guy standing in front of the security guard where the city council session was. kind guy lead me to the hall. secretary took my name and the school i represent. twenty freezing minutes later (thank God for windbreakers), the session started. the Vice Mayor was nice, by the way. he shook everyone's hand before proceeding. there were microphones for the observers to hear what was being discussed. then i got the fright of my life when my name was mentioned and a councilor questioned my being there. the others jived in questioning why a student was observing & an old guy suggested that i come in front of everyone else and explain my being there. gulp. i don't really like speaking in front of a whole lot of people especially in front of VERY IMPORTANT PUBLIC OFFICIALS. but up i went anyway when my name was called. i explained every itsy-bitsy of my intentions starting from being a senior student at UP Manila to writing a research paper on the city of Pasig with focus on the administration. it was a tough act for me to put up with considering how freezing it was inside the hall and i was already shaking. but everything went well after i started to speak and when i saw the old important looking men smile. one even joked that i should give them a copy of my paper. double gulp.

the rest of the day, i struggled to keep my eyes open because the weather was lulling me to sleep. at one point during the day, i got really sleepy that i fell asleep on my sister's bed. if it weren't for Alej's phone call i would have slept throught the afternoon. another novena-mass at St. Jude. i really look forward to thursdays because going to mass there feels different. i don't know. spiritual or psychological or both. doesn't matter.

totally unrelated: my father drives me to school on fridays and because parking at his work is usually full by past 7am, he likes leaving the house at 6am. wahh! travel time on early mornings is just 30 minutes so i get to school at 6.30am. yes, THAT EARLY! sometimes when i get to the hallway where my classroom is, the janitor isn't even there. he's my basis whether i'm too early because he usually gets in early. so when i know that kuya isn't there yet, i know i'm too early. it gets scary too when you're alone in the hallway because it's usually eerily quiet.

Image hosted by TinyPic.com


and, hey, you! i like the way my hand fits perfectly with yours.

2 Comments:

Blogger jern del rosario said...

aww... gail u guys look cute togther! ya know what? i think i kno him from somewhere... not sure tho! just a thot. haha

8:11 AM  
Blogger Aletha Jane said...

whoa! gulat ako dun ah. hehe! i'm so happy for you! :D sounds cheesy pero true! bagay! hehe!

1:59 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home