the geek chronicles

writing. shooting. embracing life.

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

i have risen from the dead

yey! finally! i get to update!

hello, folks. i've been busy. acutally, i'm still busy right now but i'm squeezing an entry before i get back to that paper.

it's funny how months before i COULDN'T not find time to blog. but now that i've been gone for a long time (yes, i don't even surf or blog hop like i usually do when i'm not blogging), i sort of got used to the idea of internet deprivation. even the emails of my professor are still unopened. i must update myself with the readers before i get myself into trouble. so now i'm typing and racking my brain at the same time for significant things to say because this might be my only chance to blog after another long (sort of) hiatus.

while i was gone...

1. i read a book that changed my life. it was sort of a reading assignment for five volunteers in Prof Karg's class. i was one of them and i'm glad i volunteered because we were required to advance read a book (a very light read but its contents had a HEAVY impact on ME). the book is called Who Moved My Cheese? by Dr. Spencer Johnson. unlike other psychology/self-help books i've read, this book isn't preachy nor does it force its philosophy on the reader. it presents the different sides of the situation and you take your pick which way you want to go. the author introduced the "cheese story" in such an interesting unboring way by telling a story that anyone could read. that's why i said it's a "light read".

so, move over, Tuesdays With Morrie. Who Moved My Cheese just snagged the #1 spot on Gail's Favorite Books of All Time list. HEHE.

2. had a bonding session with my close friends over tequila. of course this was highly legal. i had to ask permission! they slept over here at my place. over lemon, salt, and tequila... we bonded-- something we haven't done for a long time... just talking for a long time and by the time alcohol started to kick in, we started getting senti but not like before when apple and i cried. she cried over someone at work (for practicum) and i cried over a dog with no name. it just broke my heart because the dog has no name, for crying out loud!! around 2am, i was already tipsy and i was so sleepy that i couldn't open my eyes anymore. the bowl of popcorn i popped into the microwave was already polished, the lemon wedges were already sucked, salt was already licked, and girls were already buzzed. no wait. that was just me. HAHAHA! when our voices were starting to get loud after laughing so hard, my mother texted me and said we should get sleep already.

i'm so thankful for girl friends and detoxifying bonding sessions on weekends when we're busy. it's like taking a load off my shoulders or recharging my batteries before plunging into work and stress once again.

i believe that we all should learn to kick back and relax. as long as it's not too much FUN and RELAXING and you get to balance work and play... you'll not get burnt out amidst the topsy turvey world called "school".

the following morning i woke up with a very ba hangover. tsk. tsk.

3. i cut my hair after a year. it's not that i'm scared of scissors. HAHA. i just grew fond of just tying my hair into a ponytail to get hair off my face and with the heat in Metro Manila, it's icky to let your hair down. now it's shorter (erm, still long but shorter by half an inch), it's easier to let my hair down.

4. i (finally) lost weight. my friends and people from school keep telling me that i've lost weight. YESSS!!!! that's very good news!!!! my jeans are looser than they were before! while a new-found friend said i don't need to lose weight, i still feel the need to to train myself to eat healthy. that's exactly what i've been doing. i haven't stepped into a fastfood joint for a long time and if i do, i don't eat rice or just eat food in small portions until i'm full. i don't eat snacks anymore (except for crackers and fruit) and at home i eat a small serving of rice. this has been going on for just around 12 days and i actually feel healthier. wow. is this psychological? HAHA! nevertheless, i still feel happy! YEY! i'm losing weight! i'm going back to badminton soon too... double yey :)

5. seeing someone. HAHA! no explanations needed. i'm not used to sharing that part of my life through blogging :P but we're friends, i swear! HAHAHA!!!

6. got dragged by my parents (mostly by my father) on road trips. if there's one person to blame for my wanderlust, it's my father! i swear, he likes to drive a lot!!! he has always been like this! two weekends ago we went to Antipolo to visit a church there and just go driving then to Market Market. the past weekend we went to the South to visit friends (one in Las Pinas and the other in Paranaque). this coming weekend we're going to Tagaytay on Saturday and Los Banos in Laguna on Sunday. yikes. i don't know if i'll go though (although i BADLY want to) because i have an exam in Prof Mateo's class and a 20 page seminar paper to research on and then write. yikes.

so yeahhh. HAHA. those are just a few of the things i've been up to. no need to elaborate too much on what has been going on in my world. life is busy. life is good. life is life. it's not always good but at least i'm still alive.

now back to that paper...

3 Comments:

Blogger Ina said...

WTF? Seeing someone?

Email mo nga ako bruha! :P

2:03 AM  
Blogger Gail Mallo said...

dramachine: HOYYY!!! hehe! thanks for dropping by!

INA: HAHAHA! i emailed you already! pero email kita ng longer one hehe.

10:56 AM  
Blogger Gail Mallo said...

CATAN: HAHA!!! really? contact me! HAHAHA!!!! gimme your number. my email is gailmonique@GMAIL.COM

dei: WAHH! what's wrong? email!!!


ANNA: yup! great book! &....HAHAHAHA!!!!

8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home