the geek chronicles

writing. shooting. embracing life.

Monday, July 11, 2005

of my turtlelike PC (in pace) and of field work

argh! stupid PC won't recognize my cellphone as a disk when it's connected even if i've installed the PC Suite already. arghh! plus, i tried burning folders and folders of pictures from the digicam to free space in the hard drive but the cd i inserted was already full. so now i'm lazy to try again. maybe later or tomorrow.

lately i have been putting my Sun Cellular sim into good use. when i first go the sim i didn't want to give the number away except for a select number of good school friends. i'm not really the call-me-lets-talk kind of person. or actually, it depends on who i'm talking to. nor am i a texting person but lately when i'm bored, i seem to be really entertained by texting people. HAHA. call me pathetic, i don't care. my sister called me "the worst person to text". i can't debate with her on this because i actually am! at home, my cellphone is completely ignored. like i can leave it in one place and go back to it at the end of the day. by then, guess what? i get 5 messages or more which is why it is mortifying whenever someone texts and i don't get to reply. i, myself, hate it when people are hard to contact. i.e. when you're really expecting for a reply and they don't until hours later. but sadly, i have turned into THAT kind of person. or sometimes i'm exchanging text messages with someone and then i get caught up doing something and COMPLETELY FORGET that i was texting someone. i know, it's rude! but it's a bad habit i must do away with. so yeah, if you're one of those people who i forget to text or reply really late... I AM TERRIBLY SORRY! i am slowly getting the hang of bringing my cellphone everywhere and paying more attention to it.

Ina asked me once, "what do you reach out for first thing in the morning when you wake up: the ipod or your cellphone?" without a doubt, that would be the ipod! HAHA! seriously. also, there was this one time when i was on the way to meet up with her. i already sent several text messages already and she still wasn't replying. then i texted, "itapon mo na celphone mo!!! it's not serving it's purpose!" (throw your cellphone away!) HAHA!!! then she replied right away. then i forgot to text back. she went, "hoy! itapon mo na celphone mo!" (throw your celphone away) HAHAHA! okay that was stupid.

____________

i'm going back to Pasig City Hall tomorrow probably after lunch. Pasig City Hall is sooooo far! my idea of Pasig City was just the Ortigas Center area so i figured going there weekly would be no biggie. i got the surprise of my life on my first visit. it was SOOOOOOOO FAR! when i got to the town proper, i felt like i stepped back into time. the town's center is so Spanish in structure! the plaza, an old church, the city hall, and the feel of OLD TOWN. but it was interesting. my grueling task to search for information was not interesting at all considering that i was pointed to this and that direction which got me dizzy. but the City Assesor was really nice. he gave me two thick books giving me all the basic information i need and a photocopy of the City Charter free of charge :) yeyness!

i'm conducting a research on Pasig City Hall with focus on the Local Government and other information connected to the governance of the city. this is for our Urban Issues class for Prof Karganilla. it's going to be a major paper at the end of the sem. one of our many papers... that is. lucky ducks Van and Apple got Manila City Hall which is just a jeep ride away from school!!!! Chezka and Pie too because they got Quezon City Hall. arghhh. i could've gotten that! but noooo. i was absent on the first meeting!!! serves my lazy ass right. but then again, i already started with Pasig City and i'm already into it. i love field work minus the hassle but i'm glad it's still interesting, nevertheless. i just hope people won't be rude or unhelpful when i go back tomorrow.

anyway... i'll leave you with a peekchur of my girl friends and i during our 3 hour break. this is us at Brownies :) if you want cheap mocha that's really good... GO TO BROWNIES!! :)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
apple, van, me, and tal


p.s. i'm still trying to ignore the fact that i missed the Neil Gaiman book signing this weekend. :'( no, no, no, i will not be depressed over it.

groans

yeah. right.

3 Comments:

Blogger maks said...

it's been quite long since I saw your picture not until now. Reaction? wow you have change. I mean despite your haggard schedule, I wonder how come you became more and more beautiful?

7:30 AM  
Blogger Ina said...

You know what I'm depressed about? That I had invites to the Neil Gaiman Writers Forum on July 11. But I had no choice but to give it to my friend. Damn. Haha.

2:04 PM  
Blogger Gail Mallo said...

DEI eeeeyikes! sorry! i remember that! sorry again! i didn't have load then and the fact that i could text you via LJ slipped off my mind. sorry!

MAKS er, thanks maks! :)

INA WAHHH!!!! now i'm more depressed. kasi sayang!!! the neil gaiman yahoo group members said i could join the group and then attend the book conference too! kaya lang... i dunno. ang weird kung sasabit ako sa kanila. HEHE! considering the fact that i know them only from my LJ community.

3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home