the geek chronicles

writing. shooting. embracing life.

Tuesday, October 12, 2004

i'm finally free

Joey featured me on Blog Addict @ YOU. thanks, joey :) answering the questions was fun!

slept through the rest of the afternoon after the very lethal geo final. the phone rang several times but i ignored it (my bad habit). no one calls the land line anyway. i hope it's not an emergency call. they would have texted me anyhow, right? then my dad called me on my cellphone. asked about my plans for sembreak. no plans, whatsoever. i'm hoping for a beach trip or anything out-of-town but i'll have to see about that. for now, i see myself watching documentaries at either the National Geographic Channel or Discovery Channel all day- my current obsession. although i channel surf once in a while. must buy DVDs to go on a movie marathon to kill future cases of boredom. any movie suggestions?

the geo final was very hard. i wonder if my professor has a heart. 7 essay questions. 2 hours.

it was such a distraction taking the final on the 4th floor roof deck. i could see the top of the buildings nearby. to make matters worse, a construction was going on at the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) building. i watched as the daredevils we like to call "construction workers" climb the metal frame of what they were building four floors down! oh my! i wondered how they could climb like that and not be scared at the same time. i don't like heights. i remember my Enchanted Kingdom visit. it was my first time last year (yeah, dork) and i told my other friends that i didn't enjoy it that much. why? because i didn't ride anything extreme. i refused to ride the rollercoaster and the only extreme ride that i rode was the Flying Fiesta (laugh all you want). even the Ferris Wheel ride made me dizzy looking down from way up. the only good thing was the sunset. it looked spectacular from up there. so i made a pact with myself. i'm going to ride all the extreme rides the next time i go and one day i'll go bunjee jumping to conquer my fear of heights. wouldn't that be fun? it's going to drive me crazy, i know. my friends who are going to watch me do these should call the paramedics beforehand just in case i faint after going through all these. but yes, i'm definitely going to do that!

so yes, i was distracted from watching the construction. but i did do my best for the exam.

it's sembreak now, sort of. i have no plans whatsoever except for coffee dates with friends: Ina, Jern, and Nicole. all on different days. Ina is my high school friend from St. Claire, Jern is my classmate in high school at Abu Dhabi, and Nicole is my other schoolmate in Abu Dhabi. wow. there will be lots of conversations and caffeine overload the coming weeks.

i'm looking forward to the Pansol, Laguna trip my org is going to take this friday too. it's a team building thing with the higher classmen and lower classmen. an overnight bonding would be filled with lots of laughter, mems, and pictures (of course). there will be swimming too and a Fear Factor-ish activity. i hope they won't let me eat anything out of the ordinary.

for the rest of you out there, enjoy the sembreak before another round of hellish semester starts again. we're only given the taste of freedom for a month. you might as well grab the opportunity to have fun and relax. toxicity is a foreign word to us for now... go crazy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home