the geek chronicles

writing. shooting. embracing life.

Monday, October 18, 2004

i love sundays

I'm walking on sunshine , wooah
I'm walking on sunshine, woooah
I'm walking on sunshine, woooah
and don't it feel good!!

- Walking on Sunshine, katrina and the waves

according to a test i took online, this ought to be my theme song. i believe that too. it will perpetually play inside my head because i'd like to think that i am optimistic this way. take note- optimistic doesn't mean that i am susceptible to bad things thrown my way. i just look for the brighter side of things instead of moping all day (which i do at first but then i pick myself up and go on).

i wish "happy" were an infectious disease that people could contract by contact with an infected person. this way i'll get to bring sunshine to people's lives when they need it.

anyway...

at the moment i have about a gazillion different unrelated thoughts to write about. but i'll take it one at a time.

i love sundays. today started off really well. i cooked lunch while my sister took care of amidala. our household helper left for the province to take care of personal problems. so yes, we pretty much had the house all to ourselves including the chores. my grandmother checked on us once in a while. i enjoyed the lunch. good food (i cooked!), good conversation with the sister, and cookies n' cream ice cream for dessert from a bowl that i shared with ate.

the rest of the day i watched tv while my sister fell asleep on the couch. we were supposed to attend the 4:30 PM afternoon mass but we finished getting ready too late. the gospel was probably over so we'll go next week (sorry po). in the evening kuya john picked us up and we went to Galle. traffic was horrible at EDSA on the way. thank goodness for Bamboo's As the Music Plays cd in the background. we three had dinner at Yoshinoya. i love that place. looked around Beauty Bar to buy tomato soap (it's supposed to do wonders for the face) but we were too lazy to look around the shop (hehe) so we gave up. i got myself an iced espresso at The Coffee Experience and it was really good. first time. pretzels at Wetzels Pretzels was also delicious. yes, there's always food tripping whenever i hang out with my sister and her boyfriend.

then it was off to the movies. we went to watch Three- that scary asian flick with three different short (scary) films. i don't know why i do this to myself - watch a scary movie and end up scaring myself after. paranoid is what i am right now. most of the time during the movie i clung to my sister's arm like a little girl and closed my eyes every time a scary part came. i told myself i'd never watch a scary flick in a cinema again (i hate how loud the scary music is) but i always end up watching anyway.

on the ride home i rolled down the window where i sat and let the wind blow strongly against my face. this is one of my most favorite things to do. on a ride late at night especially when it's cold outside, i like watching the lights of the street lamps, buildings, and cars swoosh by. it's like having all the power to stop the world for a while and enjoy time as it is. as maroon 5's She Will Be Loved played on the background, i realized that no matter how many times i listen to it and how overrated it is, i will always love the song. it sounded even better when i closed my eyes and imagined that the song was playing for me. yes, that's how pathetic and over sappy i get when i am given the chance to do so (which is all the time).

this evening, a lot of reasons made me smile: cookies n' cream ice cream topped with lots of giggles and stories with my sister after lunch, taking time off from the world and just bumming at home, hanging out with kuya john and my sister and the food trips, scary movies (that would probably keep me awake the whole night), iced espresso with extra whipped cream no matter how cold it made me feel inside the theater, window shopping at Beauty Bar, Bamboo's As the Music Plays album, Maroon 5's Songs About Jane album, and Sundays in general.

i also thought about how i love my life. no hypocrisy whatsoever. i love the way it is right now. i wouldn't change anything if i had the power to do so. it isn't perfect. i've had my share of downtimes. i've cried and i've laughed. i've failed and i've succeeded. people have betrayed me and some stayed loyal. friends have walked into my life- some stayed, some went. but i have no regrets whatsoever to the ones who left. time will heal all wounds, as the cliche insists. i've learned to accept that "life is what you make it" and that i can't expect everything to be perfect all the time.

i will forever be grateful because i am able to enjoy the simple things like Sundays... family... friends... and most of all GOD who showers me strength to go on and helps me enjoy smelling the flowers.

life can be a bitch but you got to admit, it is grand too! :)

4 Comments:

Blogger Dean Berris said...

Good for you. :D

Not to get your hopes down, but as you grow older you'd want to get more of that nice happy life feeling. Especially when you're being faced with harder challenges and more people who can ruin your life in more ways than one.

I'm sure however that you wouldn't have problems -- given that you ARE walking on sunshine. :D

Chill...

9:08 AM  
Blogger Gail Mallo said...

hey mikhail! yep i do know that but that makes us appreciate life more di ba?

have a great week!

10:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Gail. Di ka na ba nagpopost sa LJ mo? Hehe..

Well, I miss you and hope puwede tayo gumimik soon. =)

11:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

^ si simoun nga pala to.

11:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home