the geek chronicles

writing. shooting. embracing life.

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

domesticating gail

It's so hot today. I stayed cooped up inside my room watching Season 3 episodes of Grey's Anatomy because after the second season I got left behind. So I need a lot of catching up but it's okay because I found a nifty site that streams Grey's Anatomy and the resolution isn't bad either. I tried to test myself to go on without airconditioning but gave up after about two hours because the extreme heat gave me a headache and my poor laptop doesn't have a cooling pad and I was afraid it would be too hot. Tried to nap to kill the headache but after an hour I awoke because I realized that I had to wash a few dishes.

Our helper left about two weeks ago and we only have one that comes in for half a day. She's part time but what she does in half a day is amazing-- she does the laundry, cleans the entire house, feeds Ala and my rabbit, and does gardening. Without a full time helper, I've learned to do things on my own like make my bed, clean my room, wash dishes, and tidy up little things that get scattered around the house. I'm actually learning how to become domesticated. I know it's too late because I'm almost 24 in August but it's never too late to grow up. I think Mama would be so proud if she sees me now. For the longest time she had been scolding me about cleaning my room and getting organized because I tend to be a scatterbrain. Now, I'm actually addicted to tidying up my space! I like washing dishes, I like cooking, I LIKE BEING INDEPENDENT.

I cooked rice for the first time today for dinner. It was just Ate and me and I think I cooked too much but the rice cooking turned out to be a success. While I was cleaning the kitchen, I thought about how cool it would be if I learned how to cook rice because it's a way of proving to myself that I can stand on myself without relying on help. So I COOKED RICE! Yehey! One small step for mankind, one GIANT leap for me!

Now I'm killing time before I get ready to watch Angels and Demons with the boyfriend.

What a good day!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home