the geek chronicles

writing. shooting. embracing life.

Friday, June 10, 2005

let the sunshine in

horrible, horrible morning! i stayed up until 2am typing and trying to understand my paper and i did not even procrastinate! it just took me that long to finish it. then this morning my father offered me a ride to school but if i took the offer, i was going to be at school as early as 7am in the morning and class wasn't until 8.30am. so i passed and decided to take the FX instead. so i left the house at 7am confident that i had 30 minutes allowance to make sure i won't be late (my resolution, remember?). you see, travel time from my house to school is an hour. the ride was smooth until we got to Quiapo! wow! it stopped moving because the traffic jam was horrible! when the vehicle got to Jones Bridge, it felt like the bridge stretched to forever! i was agitated because there was only fifteen minutes to go before the clock hit 8.30am. by this time i knew i wasn't going to make it! so i wanted to cry because i was scared of Prof. Talampas. you know how long it took me to finally get to school from Quiapo? more than an hour! imagine that! it usually takes me just fifteen minutes from there (i can even get there in ten minutes!) so imagine the torture while i prayed and prayed for a miracle that i wouldn't get in trouble for my tardiness. plus, who would ever believe me if i told them that it took me more than an hour from Quiapo to school? two hours later since i left home, i got to school. i decided to walk from UN avenue because i was getting nowhere and i was pretty desperate to get to class.

what added to my worries was the fact that when i reread the paper i wrote, there were typographical errors (you see, i was already very sleepy to check the printed paper). bummer.

huffing and puffing, i got to the third floor nearly in tears. i looked into the room (the door has a glass window) and saw my blockmates listening intently to Prof. Talampas. i planned on not going to class anymore since i only had 30 minutes before it got dismissed. but krizia saw me and signaled that i go inside. i gathered all my courage and opened the door. time stopped. Prof. Talampas looked at me. then to his watch. oh shit. i'm in BIG trouble. then i spoke. "pwede pa po ba ako pumasok?" (can i still come in?) i said this with a quavering voice and mind you, this time i was really losing it. i was going to cryyy! i explained how horrible traffic was and that i left really early but still got stuck in traffic in my shakey voice. then he smiled. yes! HE SMILED!!! "ako din na-traffic eh! naglakad ako galing Manila City Hall, akala mo ba?" (i got stuck in traffic too! i walked from the Manila City Hall). i broke into a smile and a huge weight was lifted off my shoulders. phew! he was nice afterall! plus, he knew it was traffic because he came from Diliman and he got stuck too! plus, when i got in.. HE JUST ARRIVED! YESSSS! so i made my way to a seat and the world was a happy place again.

also, the professor said we could email our papers within the day. he didn't even ask for them! phew!

GOD heard my prayers when i asked for a miracle. seriously!

lessons for the day:

1. it pays to watch tv before leaving the house in the morning for traffic jam updates. why? because it was on tv this morning that there was going to be a traffic jam on the way to the Supreme Court because they were celebrating a fiesta there and it's a pretty big celebration with a parade and all. who told me? mitchie did! she saw it on tv before she left home!

2. GOD hears our prayers and works wonders!

3. when your father offers you a ride to school, accept it! who cares even if you're going to be more than an hour early? at least you're safe from traffic jams!

* * *




my mother and i baked cookies today! we made chocolate chip with oats but really, it should be called oatmeal cookies with chocolate chip since there's more oats in the batter than chocolate chips! it's so good! and what made it better? i made it! my mother just guided me! yey! HAHA! if we're friends and you're good to me, i'll let you taste! hehehe!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, pahingi naman! :)

5:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home