the geek chronicles

writing. shooting. embracing life.

Thursday, June 23, 2005

geek talk

i was internet deprived the past few days. the other remaining days... it was my choice to stay away from it for a while. i am currently nursing a backache from my sleeping in a fetal position. i don't know why or how i do it but i seem to enjoy sleeping that way.


this illustration by the talented Kurt Halsey Frederiksen depicts exactly how i sleep. illustration credit goes to the artist. image taken without permission from his website. oh, he's my current favorite artist next to Van Gogh, by the way.



i want to get this book. i stumbled upon a blog and the title of the book caught my attention. if nobody speaks of the remarkable things by Jon McGregor. so after searching amazon for the book and reading the synopsis, it's official-- i must hunt down a copy! speaking of books, today during my first class i was debating with myself whether to go to the Books for Less store or not. i wanted to go because there are good deals there and i'm on a tight budget. plus, some of the old books aren't available at the other bookstores even if i do want to get books that are shiny and new. but i ended up not going because of my backache. i wanted to just go home and rest.

i must not rest until i find these books:
the virgin suicides (Jeffrey Eugenides)
girl, interrupted (Susanna Kaysen)
i never promised you a rose garden (Joanne Greenberg)
a long way down (Nick Hornby)

it's not like i have all the time to read (oh no, i don't). i don't know, i miss reading a good book.

my eyesight is getting worse. i can't see the board in my classes anymore so most of the time i annoy the hell out of my seatmate asking about the things written on the board. okay, i'm not really sure about the annoying part but i do know that i need to have my eyes checked again and my glasses worn more often than i really wear them (ALMOST NEVER!). i might be making that visit to the doctor on saturday because i'm that desperate already.

oh well! have a great long weekend to schools in Manila because we have the day off tomorrow (friday) because of Manila Day. yeyness!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home