the geek chronicles

writing. shooting. embracing life.

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

there's no safer place like home -in His arms

i am so good at multi-tasking. i am currently

1. downloading mp3s
2. watching The Craft on HBO
3. posting long ass comments on Leng's LJ. hilarious! according to her exact words, "omg, lumalabas ang horns mo! =P".

since i got my notebook, i am no longer confined to just the bedroom where i sit in front of the PC all day. according to my sister, i migrated to a different territory. i now hang out downstairs instead of locking myself inside the room. i don't know if i should give it a name. i'd probably call it Bruno just for kicks. i want it to be masculine.

i am suprised by how people compel each other to be better people, i swear. like what was mentioned in Mitch Albom's The Five People You Meet in Heaven:

"..there are no random acts. that we are all connected. That you can no more separate one life from another than you can separate a breeze from the wind."


we are all connected with each other which is why people rely on people to get through each day. yes, there is a Divine Providence but we still need people to comfort us during our downtimes because life, as we know, is not always rainbows and butterflies. we interact because a human being won't be able to survive alone. it is emotionally impossible.

i just had one of the most meaningful YM conversations in a long time. we talked about spirituality and how God influences us especially in trying times. life is complicated but it's all a matter of how you view it and whether you take things in a pro-active or reactive way.

pro-active
- you'd take things as they are and look for the bright side of things. you are able to turn a bad situation into a good one.

reactive
- you fret and instead of taking things as they are and making the most out of it, you become scornful and make the situation worse than it already is. you react instead of finding a solution or a light to the problem.

but who am i to preach about these things when i myself have troubles seeing the light? well, i just figured i'd share what i learned. so anyway, i won't give details on what else we talked about because i actually found myself opening up. it's amazing how you tend to open up to people you least expect would listen and actually give sound pieces of advice. i guess sometimes it's better to talk to people who you haven't known for that long a time, yet you still feel comfortable sharing a side of you-- a side that no one has ever had a glimpse of yet. sometimes i feel most comfortable talking to people i haven't really met in real life (just online friends through blogs or friends of friends) because they don't know me personally. they haven't judged me yet nor do they have chances to judge me because they haven't even met me face to face. i don't have to feel self-conscious about letting my deep thoughts out. by not meeting each other in person, i am able to show my true colors by letting my guard down. i don't have to worry if i'd be judged or not. but this is only applicable on a case-to-case basis because it actually depends.

but the friend i was chatting on YM earlier is a friend (both online and offline) so it was comfortable letting my guard down.

my faith has been strengthened more because i am not alone. funny thing is, i started seeing things clearly although i knew that the answers to my questions were already right in front of me all along. it just took someone to show it to me. God's instrument, most probably.

i ended up downloading songs that would get me through stormy days. one of my favorites is I Offer My Life:


All that I am, all that I have,
I lay them down before You, O Lord.
All my regrets, all my acclaim,
The joy and the pain, I'm making them Yours.

Lord, I offer my life to You.
Everything I've been through, use it for Your Glory.
Lord, I offer my days to You,
Lifting my praise to You, as a pleasing sacrifice
Lord, I offer You my life

Things in the past, things yet unseen,
Wishes and dreams that are yet to come true,
All of my hopes, all of my plans,
My heart and my hands are lifted to You
.

so i'm off to bed. it's almost 3am.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

life can sometimes be overwhelming, with so many things in our minds and so many other things we want to do, we thought that by being busy we can accomplish more.. have you ever thought that a lot of times "less is more"?... do you ever wonder why people have to work...is it because we have to live? or is it the other way around? God can definitely give us the peace that we need inspite of everything around us...be blessed and be encouraged...you are special in God's eyes Gail.... - rodel

11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home