the geek chronicles

writing. shooting. embracing life.

Monday, April 4, 2005

a day with my mother and sister made me feel 10x better

wow. today was so much fun! of course it didn't start out well because last night i chose to spend the night on the couch. it was hot, of course but the electric fan kept me company. then there was a black out so it became hot again and i don't know how the mosquitoes got into the house (the windows are screened!) but they did and they feasted on my skin. argh. so naturally, i was half-awake all night scratching my arms, legs, and even my face! just as i was drifting off to sleep, my phone's alarm went off and for a split second i had the strong urge to throw it just to make it shut up.

i was also able to catch Oprah Primetime last night and the guest was Christopher Reeve's wife and 12 year old son. of course, i cried while watching the whole show. i bawled, actually like some psycho over-sensitive girl (erm, i think that IS me). i was so glad i watched it alone so i went senti over the show and actually daydreamed lateron how my memorial would be like, how many people would go, and how many people would feel the loss. hehe. just as i was in my senti mode, i found out that my ipod's left earphone wasn't working. fudge. so i only have one earphone and i don't even know how it broke but it's not working. *&%!

then today i had my last final at frickin 7.30 int he morning. finals are over and done with. free for a few weeks until my practicum. i asked my sister if she wants to go on a road trip. Lord, please don't make her a kill joy for two weeks of my freedom. i need a vacation! away! away from the hassle!

sigh

then i met up with my mother and my sister at the mall. i was just supposed to get a panoramic x-ray for my teeth but we ended up accidentally shopping. accidentally meaning not planned. hehe. that always happens. like when you pass by a shop and you see something you like, you pick it up and say "wow this looks nice." then you realize it's on sale and it's for a great deal so you end up buying more than one. that's what happened today. but it was uber fun bonding with my mother and my sister. F-U-N!!! it has been a LONG while since i bought myself clothes. i don't like fitting them. i tend to just stare at it and predict if it will fit me or not so i always end up buying clothes that don't really fit me that well. so even though my feet and legs were already killing me (they would've begged to be brought home if they could talk) but i managed to drag myself to the fitting room.

i went to the bookstore too and almost bought the one set of Harry Potter paperback up to Book 5. i was only after the Book 5 (Order of Phoenix) but it was for a great deal. i was deciding which to pick: Anne of Green Gables (the whole set), or this Roald Dahl set of books but i ended up buying none of the mentioned because my mother talked me into buying them next time since i'd have to carry the heavy books around. i'm going back for Wuthering Heights and The Bridge of San Luis Rey. Second Summer of the Sisterhood is finally in stock. argh. too many books, so little time and moolah. hehe :P

i'm going to rest my feet now. they've been really abused today.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey... the impulsive shopper eh? Glad to hear you spent some time with your mom and sister, my parents and sisters are going to be here in a couple of days, havent seen them in about 8 months, can't wait! Glad to hear that your exams are over, mine start in a couple of days, wish me luck! lots of late nights for me but once Im done, I'll be relived that this semester is finally over...

as with the "crying" over the tv show... enough said :-)

anyway, I hope you're doing well and from the sounds of it, you are, thanks for droppin' by my site every once in a while, take care!

Renjie

4:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home