the geek chronicles

writing. shooting. embracing life.

Monday, March 21, 2005

Death song

Van believes that i have a fascination for Death subconsciously. she said this because i talked to her about a plane crash as we were taking off for Palawan weeks ago. when we were about to land, i shared with her a funny experience two years ago on my flight to the UAE. you see, i bought a book and it didn't occur to me that it was supposed to scare me because the title was The Pilot's Wife (Anita Shreve). it was about a plane crash. a bomb exploded in the plane en route to Ireland and there were no survivors. now who would read a book on a plane crash while on an 8-hour direct flight from Manila to the Middle East? only i would. hehe.

no, i'm not suicidal. i'm not a goth either. it just fascinates me because what's beyond this life is a mystery to me although i defintely believe in Heaven and Hell. maybe i'm just a living proof of Freud's theory that people subconsciously think about death. if you haven't met me in person, you'd think i'm a depressed Valium-taking 19 year old. no. i am a happy person which is why it's ironic that i have a fascination for Death when i'm happy most of the time. ah, the ironies of life.

i love this poem by one of my favorite poets, Christina Georgina Rosetti. one of my favorites:

When I am dead, my dearest,
Sing no sad songs for me;
Plant thou no roses at my head,
Nor shady cypress tree:

Be the green grass above me
With showers and dewdrops wet;
And if thou wilt, remember,
And if thou wilt, forget.

I shall not see the shadows,
I shall not feel the rain;
I shall not hear the nightingale
Sing on, as if in pain:

And dreaming through the twilight
That doth not rise nor set,
Haply I may remember,
And haply may forget .
-"Song", Christina Georgina Rosetti


the last stanza is my favorite in the poem.

must scram now. i have another exam tomorrow. *pulls hair*. while everyone i know rant about the start of summer vacation for them, i pull out my readers and dermatograph to TRY to study. vacation seems too far from where i am. i have to go back after Holy Week for two more exams. one of which is SOCSCI120. my notes are still incomplete. only God can help me. sigh. i hate it when stress builds up at the end of the academic year and we, students, scramble like tiny working ants on a hot summer's day.

professors are slave drivers, i swear.

cameraphone photo collages



Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Viva Palawan! :)


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
the week in pictures. left-right, top-bottom:
1. my baby picture from my baby book that i found last night.
2. the "Believe!" patch from my black messenger bag.
3. half-eaten sweet corn from this afternoon. like my mother, i love corn!
4. Sunday morning before mass.
5. the jade ring that my mother gave me. supposedly for good luck.
6. "Viva Muerto Ambre!" do your research. it's an inside joke of my school friends and i.
7. reviewing yesterday.
8. my planner with lots of post-its on things to do for school. rawr.
9. i was bored while studying last night. scribbled motivational words last night on the openning of my planner.
10. hugging frogs clinging onto my reading lamp. these were freebies from Saisaki.
11. the profile page for our SOCSCI120 compilation. heeh :P
12. reviewing with the pink highlighter i despise. my dermatograph was nowhere in sight and the pink ink made my eyes hurt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home