the geek chronicles

writing. shooting. embracing life.

Thursday, April 21, 2005

finally he's home

papa's home!

the Limcumpao family is complete again because papa's home! although there's just four of us, we're a happy and rowdy bunch especially during mealtimes. we stay at the dinner table for more than an hour because the dinner table is mostly where all the jokes as well as serious talks take place. i thought i wasn't going to be able to pick him up at the airport with my mother, sister, and kuya John. but after OJT ended early, i decided to take the LRT with Mitchie and Pao then got off at the Vito Cruz station. at McDo, everyone else was waiting for me and off we went to the airport. dropped by glorietta for a while then to Teriyaki Boy for late lunch. i was too full to eat although there was plenty of food. i had to struggle to keep my eyes open but after my father cracked his corny jokes and funny stories, i was instantly perky again.

i finally have a scanner. my ancient one (since way back freshman high school days) is broken even after i've updated the driver which i downloaded for way too long hours! it's so cool but it took me a long time to figure the settings out because i made one stupid mistake. wehehe!

________________________

practicum was fun today. it was an adventure to remember! like any other practicum morning, we started by reporting to Mrs. Ming at the PGH. she had a talk with us-- a very serious one like overview on HIV/AIDS in the Philippines and about the Republic Act 8504 which was well-written because it has a wide scope from education on HIV/AIDS to protection of health workers that deal with HIV/AIDS. it's also divided into sections but the problem is that the law may be well-written but it is not well-implemented. our job is to find out if hospitals that deal with HIV/AIDS patients are aware of the RA 8504, if they follow the protocols, and if they follow certain guidelines when dealing with HIV/AIDS patients.

we spent the morning taking the LRT to San Lazaro hospital after the talk. we even got lost because we got wrong directions. took the jeep back to the right place where San Lazaro Hospital really is. i got a little dizzy then we walked to the hospital. it was a different sight there and the realization that it's actually my first time to stare at HIV/AIDS this close is beyond overwhelming. we saw Bahay Lingap which was established by Ming Ramos for the HIV/AIDS positive patients who come all the way from the province and have no place to stay in the city. we were supposed to gather data (informally) but to no avail because we observed that the hospital workers are very guarded when it comes to HIV/AIDS related issues. it makes sense, actually since it states in the RA 8504 that it is the patients' right to conceal their identities and practice confidentiality.

tomorrow, my groupmates and i might meet with an NGO composed of members who are HIV/AIDS patients.

the weekend. finally. :)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey gail...you may not know me but your blog inspired me to love life and treasure it, i admire the way you write and the way you present your perspective in life...wish you all the best...hope that i can meet a person like you someday

9:30 AM  
Blogger εsтнεя said...

Hey Gail,

I'm glad ur dad's back.. It's a great joy to see a family together!

Take care.

11:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Gail,

Im gone from the Internet for a couple of days and you've already got a bunch of very insightful posts, haha... alright, here we go, one at a time, in no particular order...

Your dad looks very familiar to me, Im sure I met him on a number of occasions, not sure if he knows who I am but ask him if he knows who my parents are, Lourdes and Butch (from Al Ain) and we can go from there. What position did he hold at the embassy btw? Glad to see that you're all back together as a family once again, the next time that happens for me will be this Christmas when I get to go back to the UAE to spend time with them for the holidays, it should be aweseom!

"So, don't say you're happy because everything is alright. Be happy because everything sucks but you're just fine..."

I like the above quote, based on my interpretation, its basically saying not to let the way others act dictate the way you should act, I believe that a positive attitude, no matter how extenuating the circumstances are, is all you need to get by. With a smile on you face and a good head on your shoulders, Im sure most people will do just fine as long as they stay positive and try not to let others get them down.

Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next

The serenity prayer, I had never read the second part of the prayer but somehow, I really like it. It sums up everything that I try to say to God whenever I pray, just for Him to guide me in whatever I do and although I may not totally agree with whatever is happening at the moment, I try my best to trust that He definitely knows what is best for me, as you said in your latest post, its all about fate and letting God do the work, although you yourself have to put in the effort to get that far.

I really like the kite analogy you wrote about too, I had never really thought about it like that but it does make a lot of sense. There is no use in sitting around waiting for grace to fall into your lap without doing anything to deserve it, although we're definitley not in control of our destiny, God has His funny ways of making things turn out just the way they ought to for you and even though it may not be clear to you at the exact precise present, Im sure sometime in the future when you look back, you'll say to yourself, "God really knew what he was doing, wasn't He?"

Anyway, this has been quite the comment, almost as long as a post in itself, haha.. sorry but I guess I just had a lot to say. Thats about it from me, I guess Ive said it all for now but you will definitely be hearing more from me later on, haha...

Take care and hope that your practicum really goes well for you. I can totally relate but I'll leave that for next time.

God bless!

Renjie

4:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done!
[url=http://cstgyaxd.com/aebe/plxw.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://eozlchsh.com/feku/zvrf.html]Cool site[/url]

9:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
My homepage | Please visit

9:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
http://cstgyaxd.com/aebe/plxw.html | http://peirmmci.com/gxhs/elsw.html

9:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home