the geek chronicles

writing. shooting. embracing life.

Thursday, December 16, 2004

last wednesday at the hospital while getting my blood extracted by a medical technician:

her: para saan ang exam mo? (what is your exam for?)
me: ano po? ay, sa history 116 po. (it's for history 116)

(she gives me a funny look then burst out laughing)

only then did i realize that she was asking about my blood extraction and why exactly was i getting the procedure done. total mortification! she kept laughing so hard and she tried to be polite by forcing not to (which did her no good, by the way). i laughed so hard too because i felt like a dork. i was so preoccupied by my history exam (which was today) and i had to apologize to her. heeh. it was okay. she was really nice about it because it probably showed how embarrassed i was by my very red cheeks.

so anyway... there's another story i want to share.

last tuesday i went to Mini Stop to buy batteries for the camera. i usually don't put money inside my wallet because everytime i have loose change, i just slip it into one of the pockets of my messenger bag. so when i was about to pay for the batteries, i couldn't find my money inside the bag. it wasn't in the wallet either. so i took out all the things inside my bag (books, notebooks, pens, wallet, and all...) and finally found the 500 peso bill tucked in my pocket. when i got home, i couldn't find my wallet anywhere. i needed it because that's where i keep my medical insurance card which would be a hassle to loose since i'd be in the hospital for tests. today i went back to Mini Stop and asked if i had left my wallet on their counter (i was pretty sure i left it there). thank goodness they still had it and i thanked them profusely as well as my lucky stars for having them kind people return it to me. then again, it was EMPTY but i should give them a little credit. they still gave my wallet back ;).

my cellphone is still dead becuase of the blocked sim card but i must admit how liberating it is to not have a phone beside you all the time. sure, i miss texting and bugging my friends in my phonebook but it feels good to not hear that beep once in a while. i'm going to bring the sim card to Greenhills. maybe the cellphone people there can unblock the sim. if not, i might have to buy a new sim card.

a few days to go before Christmas... a month to go before the "rents" come home... a month to enjoy the "parentless" life.. heehee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home