the geek chronicles

writing. shooting. embracing life.

Tuesday, December 7, 2004

i need sleep

contrary to popular belief, warm milk is pretty good. poured low fat fresh milk into a mug (the UNICEF one that my parents bought for me when i was 4 years old and it still looks new) and microwaved it for 2 and a half minutes. chugged the whole mug of hot milk down my throat and now i'm drowsey. yey!

the reason why i'm delighted about being drowsey is because i only had 3 hours of sleep yesterday. i did go to bed at 12am but my sister and i missed our parents so we called them at home. talked to them for 20 minutes, everyone way happy and excited for their homecoming on january... but after the phone convo, i missed them more. my parents can be really childlike giddy and it makes me feel really good. after the long conversation, in which my sister and i tried to fight our way over who talks with ma and pa first, i finally went to bed. or at least tried to. i laid there for hours before i slept a little. before i knew it, it was 5am already. i haven't been sleeping well for a week now. i joked last night to my sister that i need a sleeping pill. but of course, i can't take one because i don't have a prescription. maybe i'm just stressed. aside from a sleeping disorder, i also have hormonal imbalance. need to see the doctor during Christmas break before i suffer the consequences when i'm 20ish.

i was really wasted the whole day. i had to lean on Josef's shoulder at the caf and close my eyes for a little while because it was really puffy, reddish, and watery. i had a cup of red iced tea (my favorite from Nutrilicious) and lateron a cup of strong iced coffee from the caf to keep my adrenaline pumping.

aside from my being a sleepyhead and endlessly complaining about my drowsiness, my day was pretty good. i love my blockmates. they're so much fun to be with. i love my classes too. we watched a documentary on Angkor Wat and Borobodur in AS121 today. it was very interesting. then at sir atoy's class we discussed the readings to be studied during the semester. my SOCSCI120 class is going to be a very very busy class. we have such a long reading list (that's why they call it Readings for the Social Sciences). wow. i just hope i remember all the theorists and philosophers (as well as their theories) after i've graduated. it's pretty interesting, though. you learn a lot from one day in school.

when i got home i dozed off right away on the couch not even bothering to go upstairs and change first. i was that tired. my eyes were half closed on the way home. i consider myself lucky that i got to reach home awake and didn't fall asleep on the pavement. er, that would be really scary.

so yeah. that pretty much sums up my day :) i'm going to bed now although i can doze off until 11am tomorrow. yey!

i never want to experience being that sleepy ever again. it's so exhausting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home