the geek chronicles

writing. shooting. embracing life.

Tuesday, December 28, 2004

I'm not feeling well. I've been lying down the whole day, literally. Except for meals, I stand up once in a while or sit on the couch to watch tv while eating. I hope I won't catch a flu. I've been sneezing and trying to take this headache the whole day. I was rummaging the refrigerator earlier to make me a glass of calamansi juice but the search was unsuccessful.

I was at Pampanga during the two days after Christmas. While I was at my grandparents, Ate Diane urged my sister and I to spend the next two days there because a lot of AUH people were at Joshua and Moses's house. My sister and I weren't supposed to go but Ate Diane was persistent so a few hours later we were already packing our bags. Kuya John came with us because we were going to Subic to the beach to swim the next day. The Gonzales sisters were there (Kim and Leigh), the Galangs (Richard, Rodan, Sarah, Diane), the Mallos (Joshua and Moses… it was their house), TJ, Mitchell, and David. It was already nighttime when we got to Pampanga but everyone was very much perky when we arrived. Moses put up a tent outside the house with a mini lounge inside with a Christmas tree. It was pretty cool. It was nice to see that much AUH people after a long time. We lounged around for the rest of the night. While the others went to sleep ate Diane, Leigh, TJ, and I talked in the living room. TJ got drunk (the only one who got drunk) so he kept babbling gibberish. It was pretty hilarious. Then when he was sober enough, we all talked.

The next day, two vans drove to Subic. We hanged out, ate (chicken barbecue.. YUM!), swam, and enjoyed the sun. I particularly liked digging my toes into the sand and the volleyball game with the guys (I was the only girl!). later in the afternoon I lay down on the sand and stared at the sky. It was a glaring blue with fluffy clouds which made me squint. I loved it. sarah joined me afterwards and we talked some more.

The two days were fun. Didn't want to come home just yet but two days were already long enough. On the drive back home at 9pm last night, I looked up and saw the moon. The clouds looked so different and it was almost scary. I got teary-eyed on the ride home because "someone" ignored me the whole two days I was in Pampanga and the trip to Subic. I didn't think I'd feel this way. I wanted to reach out and tell him how I feel but I'm scared-scared to hurt him more than I already did.

Now I have bruises on my arms because the ball we used to the volleyball game wasn't hard enough. I think I'm sick because I got too tired and o was deprived of sleep.

But it was all worth it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mike D said...

It's cold here in the midwest and your description of laying on the beach looking up at a blue sky is warming. Here the skies will be gray for many months. Thank you for a taste of summer.

2:56 PM  
Blogger boi_bitch said...

hey gail, hope you're feeling better now. :)

anyhoo, just dropping by to wish you an ultra-fabulous new year. i wish you more good news, good friends, good breaks and good times. :)

3:59 PM  
Blogger Gail Mallo said...

Mike: i'll post pictures of the beach.

boi_bitch: thanks! :) you too! have a happy new year and stay away from fire crackers ;)

5:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home