the geek chronicles

writing. shooting. embracing life.

Friday, October 29, 2004

i went to the doctor this morning. he was very late. had to wait with the other lolos and lolas haha! i was the only young person in the waiting room! my blood pressure was high, the assistant said. 2 hours later when the doctor came, i was third to be called. my ECG reading was ok but there was a reading that gave the doctor the suspicion that i might have a thickened heart. he sent me off to get my Holter test, 2D-echo and signal-averaged ECG.

2D-echo (it's like utrasound but for the heart) is scheduled for 8 AM sunday morning. wahh! there goes sleep. the Holter monitor is already with me now. electrodes are attached to my chest for 24-hour ECG monitoring as i go about my normal activities. i'd have to go back tomorrow to the hospital to have it unattached at exactly 24 hours and return the machine. the signal-averaged ECG was done before setting up the Holter on my chest. it was like normal ECG but it's more..er...graphic and i could hear my fast heartbeats.

then i'll see the doctor again after i get all the results and he can tell me what's wrong (or WHAT'S NOT) so i can live peacefully. phew. what a day! it was tiring, alright.

i hope there's nothing wrong. that my heart isn't thickened. oh well! prayers will help :) *hint hint*

my chest feels tight right now and my face feels swollen. related? i dunno.

2 Comments:

Blogger boi_bitch said...

hija, please take care of your heart (literally and figuratively) :)

12:57 PM  
Blogger Dean Berris said...

Dear, relax ka lang... I know the feeling, but you just need to take precautions from now on.

CHill...

4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home