the geek chronicles

writing. shooting. embracing life.

Monday, October 25, 2004

gasping for air

i've been experiencing shortness of breath for days now so i decided to look up Second Degree Heart Block (which i was diagnosed with during the start of freshman year). my cardiologist at St. Luke's diagnosed me then my mother thought we should get a second opinion from one of the best cardiologists at Makati Med. we went there too and the diagnosis was the same but both doctors said i shouldn't feel bad about it because it basically is nothing, i can still live a healthy life. what they didn't explain is why i get the palpitations and why i'd eventually feel tired all the time. today i feel like being smothered and whenever i feel my pulse it's racing like i've been jogging for minutes although i've been lying in bed for hours. i'm supposed to go for annual check-ups and undergo routine tests with my cardiologist (2D-echo, ECG, Holter monitor... the works) but i'm too lazy to go to the hospital and get all those tests done. i can't wait till my parents get home so that they can take me to the doctor.

but must i wait for another month to breathe normally again? maybe i should tell my aunt that i'm feeling this way. i just don't want to worry my family. besides, the Holter test is such a hassle because it's this device that is larger than a discman. some wires will be stuck to my chest and for 24 hours it will remain there. i get to bring the device home (it sort of records the heart's activities) then go back to the hospital the next day so that the people there will be able to read what has been recorded. hassle, eh? besides, i haven't been to the doctor without my mother beside me. i want my mother with me now.

cutie patootie

lookie! amidala took a bath today and she smells like Herbal Essences! :) after blowdrying her very thick locks, i tied an elastic around the hair on top of her head because they're getting very long and she can't see anymore haha!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home