the geek chronicles

writing. shooting. embracing life.

Thursday, October 21, 2004

i'd rather be bored than be back in school

this morning was the first time i actually slept-in (up until 10 AM) since sembreak started. my biological clock is so used to waking me up not later than 6. so i always wake up earlier than i want to no matter how sleepy i am. it felt so good to be in a deep sleep until 10 but a phone call ended it all. i lazily answered the phone with my very i-just-woke-up groggy voice, "helllloooo gooood morningggg" i said. imagine the sudden jolt i got when i realized that it was my professor on the other line. then on he went ranting about what was needed in our project (that we passed yesterday) and other problems about the grading. i couldn't focus clearly. i had to give myself an imaginary kick so that i would be awake to listen to the details he was telling me. but it's all good now. whew!

i lazily floated slept through this whole thursday. literally. this afternoon i woke up when my grandmother banged on the door. she probably thought i was dead already or something. when i opened the door she asked if i wanted to have a snack. i said i'd go get it myself from her after a while. i ended up walking back to bed and dozed off immediately. again.

the only productive thing about today is that i watched When Harry Met Sally. i'm going to add it to my favorite list of movies. being friends first with someone who's going to be your partner is something to consider. friendship, afterall, is important right? but sometimes "love" ruins the friendship. what if the relationship won't work out? then the friendship suffers. but i loved the movie and a lot of lines from it made a lot of sense. except the sleeping-with-your-friend part. i wouldn't know. but yes, i think sleeping with a friend would definitely ruin the friendship unless both people fall in love in the end. i'd definitely watch this movie again if i actually feel like it.

"I love that you get cold when it's 71 degrees out. I love that it takes you an hour and a half to order a sandwich. I love that you get a little crinkle in your nose when you're looking at me like I'm nuts. I love that after I spend the day with you, I can still smell your perfume on my clothes. And I love that you are the last person I want to talk to before I go to sleep at night. And it's not because I'm lonely, and it's not because it's New Year's Eve. I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible."
Harry Burns, When Harry Met Sally

oh man. i'm such a hopeless romantic.

anyway, having food in the house all the time doesn't help make things any better. my grandmother offers food that i can't resist all the time, my sister bought a lot of junk food from her grocery shopping last week, and having loads of supplies of sugar in the fridge makes everything worse than it already is.

now i'm grumpy as hell. but i must admit, i love this life. i'd rather be a bum than be in school worrying about grades and all that. whew! thank God for sembreak.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home