the geek chronicles

writing. shooting. embracing life.

Thursday, January 7, 2010

happily caffeinated

What's up? I just got in at 2AM. I swear while I was in the car naturally high and caffeinated, I had a million things to write about. Then I got home and baby Lexi was still awake, cradled her in my arms for a good 15mins, and my brain turned into mush. I happily smell like Lexi. Hayyy how I love having her around! I keep forcing myself to wake up everyday in the morning even if I'm still half asleep just to see her and play with her. She's mostly awake during the wee hours of the morning between 12am and 6am, though. What a baby! She keeps her parents up at night but their bundle of joy is so adorable they don't mind the fatigue.

So it's 2010! One of the many things I was thinking about was how I forgot that this year I'm going to finish nursing school and get my second degree. Then it's review and board exams then taking the exam itself. Scary much? I swear I'm bad at handling anxiety. I'm kind of glad that I'm taking medication for my palpitations at least I'll be calm and my nerves won't be rattled that much come exam time. Still scared, though but I still can't wait to get this over and done with. I'm just sad about finishing clinicals. I'm almost done with completing my cases, only Minor Operations left and then I'm done. I enjoyed completing cases especially OR rotations and those at the Delivery Room and Nursery. <3 Babies are love!

After this month is over I vow to go back to the gym-- not to lose the Holiday weight but to be FIT again. I've been lazy for several months and the added pounds are not funny anymore when my white nursing uniform is starting to feel snug around the waist area. UGHHH.

But here's to 2010 because it just started and things are starting to fall into place piece by piece already. Many thanks to the BIG MAN above for always listening to this family's prayers. We are beyond blessed for a lot of things. We don't know what we do to deserve it but we're not complaining.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home