the geek chronicles

writing. shooting. embracing life.

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

night owl turns early bird

I have a very broken school schedule. Other days I'd have class everyday for five days a week, some days I'll have just two classes in one week or just clinicals. This is the reason why I became a night owl. I'd have the luxury of time to be up all night and sleep just before the crack of dawn. I'd wake up with a throbbing headache around noon and when this cycle goes on, it becomes a very bad habit to break. This bad sleeping habit took a toll on me on clinical day. On early morning clinicals, I wake up at 3AM to be at the hospital at 6AM. One day I had a really hard time going to sleep early so come 3AM, I was still wide awake. Since I'd be running late if I tried to sleep, I got ready and headed straight to the hospital running on zero sleep. I got dizzy that morning and my skin was cold and clammy despite eating breakfast that morning. That was when I had a wake up call that I have to get sleep no matter what especially for clinicals because I have to stay alert.

But lately I've been sleeping well because I go to bed earlier than I used to and I wake up no later than 9am. It actually feels good to start the day early because I feel more productive that way. Plus, helping my mother run errands and driving her around makes me feel that I'm not being useless anymore while I wait to finish with my second degree. I enjoy waking up to the chirping of birds outside my bedroom window, I enjoy feeling cold as I wake up and thinking about breakfast, and most of all, I enjoy sipping a mug of hot coffee as I check my emails.

I've always known that I am a morning person, a morning person with a whacked out body clock. But now it may have already been fixed unintentionally. Although the hardest part of mornings is waking up, the welcoming of a new day is always the best part.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home