the geek chronicles

writing. shooting. embracing life.

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

on the road to following my bliss

I had an awesome day with my close friend Scelda. We met up for lunch, had coffee, and dinner. It was a long day but it didn't feel long at all because we talked and talked about everything girls could possibly talk about. What I liked most was how we talked about our chosen profession-- NURSING. You see Scelda and I, one of the things we have in common (including the fact that we both probably have TEENY TINY BLADDERS!) is that we both have nursing in our hearts. Scelda started out as a freshman in UP Manila like me. We were blockmates until sophomore year. But Scelda, you see, knew from the very start that it was Nursing that she wanted to take up. So despite being in UP Manila already she transferred to another school to follow her heart. I did the same except that I finished my first course first and soul searched for more than a year before I finally settled that it was Nursing that my heart was in. I didn't want a desk job and the corporate world is not for me. So I turned down several callbacks for job interviews (one was for JP Morgan Chase as a risk analyst).

I guess you I can say that we are both alike that way-- how we defied all odds just to get to where we want to be. My UP professor once made fun of Nursing as the no.2 export commodity of the Philippines next to bananas. BANANAS! I used to laugh at this joke but now that I'm on the other side of the fence I realized that NOT ALL nursing students got into the profession just to find greener pastures. I won't be a hypocrite by saying that I WILL NEVER follow suit but it's just that it's not on top of my priorities right now. I want to work here first.

One thing's for sure, wherever I become a nurse, this is my passion and I'm glad to offer my life to God and mankind TO SERVE because a wise person once said that a life of service is a life well-lived.

Everyday one of the reasons why I am happy to wake up is the fact that I'm happy where I am. I know that one day I will be proud because I took that leap of faith. Everyday I am also inspired to be the best person I can be because this is a new adventure that includes so much learning and discovering of new things. It's going to be hard, yes but I have PASSION and I think if one is equipt with passion, you can go through anything.

I saw this quote from Facebook:

Follow your own path. Follow your own truth. Follow your own heart. Follow your own inner bliss, and allow each person to follow theirs, whatever it may be. Look for the good in everyone and everything, and let your love and joy radiate to the world every day. (The Secret Daily Teachings)

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Tsah said...

Well said! I look forward to see you in the hospital someday with that sweet smile you wear since we met in College. Correct, like our other blockmates I ended in front of the desk and PC for eight hours (sometimes 10, it depends on my shift) while you'd get to interact more with people(soon)...XOXO Tsah

8:29 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home