the geek chronicles

writing. shooting. embracing life.

Sunday, May 7, 2006

MI3 *tenenen...tenenen...tenenen!*

I'm not a Tom Cruise fan. Sure, I think he's hotter than the sun (HAHA!) like whoa! But I also think Tom Cruise is overrated especially with the TomKat hoopla going on. Anywho, I just saw the movie because my sister wanted to double date with Alej and I. So off to Shangri La we went because their cinemas are kick-ass with surround sound.

The movie was stellar! Brilliant! Superb! Considering that I did not see the prequels, I loved every minute of it! The effects were so cool that you wouldn't even notice that they're just effects-- computer generated. But they're so realistic that it'll actually bring out ooohs and aaaahs from your mouth. HAHA! So yeah, now I like Tom Cruise movies. Okay, okay. He deserves all the media attention and fans screaming like crazy because he's good looking, charming, good actor, and er... just HOT.

So go see MI3!!!

The Case of the Exes



I don't know about some of you girls out there but I don't like dealing with the exes of the person I am dating. Most especially if you have to argue your nerve out about certain things regarding the past. I think it is a common thing for a girlfriend to be paranoid about past girlfriends. I, for example, like asking questions about them flings or girlfriends or whatever men like to call them. I don't know why, sure, past is past but I seem to have the thirst to find out about people from the past. And yet ironically, once I get answers to my questions I get all bitchy and start tormenting my boyfriend. I don't run searches on Google, Friendster, or MySpace. Nor do I do any form of researching because I know whatever I'd find will only upset me. And you know what they say about things you don't know-- it won't kill you. Or something to that effect. I think feeling hatred towards an ex of a boyfriend is an act that is creepy and very psychotic, I know. But girls are like that. Maybe not all but some (and sadly, I am a part of them).

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting So when The Little Black Book showed on Star Movies this afternoon, I watched it immediately. I could so relate to Brittany Murphy's character, Grace. So yeah, I searched for the quotes on IMDB.com because I love the movie. Watch it! Catch it on Star Movies! It's about the present girlfriend dealing with the past girlfriends but sadly discovering something and finding herself in the process... chick flick but pretty interesting.

Some memorable lines...

Stacy: Perhaps luck exsists somewhere between the world of planning, the world of chance, and the peace that comes from knowing that you just cant know it all.

Stacy: Life's funny like that, once we let go of the wheel, you might end up right where you belong.

Stacy: If we were to share our lives together, why didn't we share our lives together. I know you don't have to tell me everything Derek, but why wouldn't you want too? Unless there is someone else you are waiting for.

Joyce: A clean break is easier. You can reset it, and it heals, and you move on, but if you leave things messy, and things don't get put right, then it just hurts, forever .

Stacy: I believe we write our own stories and each time we think we know the end... we don't.


Ever watched a movie or read a book when a person speaks of thoughts you've had inside your head and suddenly you want to jump and throw your fist in the air to say, "YES! I feel the same way!". well, yeah. that was how i felt while watching the movie.

Watch it! It's a good movie. :)

And for exes, past is past. I don't believe in being friends with exes. That's bullshit because it's always awkward to be chummy-chummy with an ex. I'm not saying this because I am bitter in any way nor was I ever bitter. I just don't believe in friendship after a more-than-friends relationship. That goes to all of my past and all of his past. Wayyy too awkward. As a quote from an SMS message goes:

"If two people remain friends after
they break up with their relationship,
it only means two things:

1. they are still in love
or
2. they never were."

5 Comments:

Blogger jern del rosario said...

aww gail. i know EXACTLY how u feel.. sucks like helllllll. i go crazy-mad each time the case of the exes comes in... hehe.

11:04 AM  
Blogger Gail Mallo said...

gail: wow! glad i'm not alone! HAHA!

1:39 PM  
Blogger hera said...

haay gail. youre right...it's insane but i think it's because we fear that the "exes" can snatch them away from us. ANG BABAW DIBA? even when the guy swore that he'd never give in to things like that. kahit you know very well that he loves you at di ka nya pagpapalit. girls are just naturally insecure...i guess.

when i brought my boyfriend to a small reunion that i had with my highschool friends and my ex was there, grabe...TRAUMATIC! awkwardest moment of my life!

by the way, i love THE LITTLE BLACK BOOK too! :)

3:16 PM  
Blogger Gail Mallo said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:29 PM  
Blogger Gail Mallo said...

HERA: i know! and i'm insecure as hell (0_o)!!! and er, yeah i know the awkwardness that you're talking about. i remember my boyfriend telling me that i should not be rude towards people i've been with in the past because they should still be special. at one point in our lives we shared our lives with them and it's unfair to bad mouth them or be angry at them. no one lives in peace when they're feeling ill towards a person. di ba?

i didn't think the movie was going to be that good. must hunt for a dvd!!!

3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home