the geek chronicles

writing. shooting. embracing life.

Friday, May 5, 2006

it started yesterday after my morning shower. i felt a sharp pain in my abdomen area-- not the kind women usually get when it's that time of the month. i dismissed it, thinking it might just be temporary but the pain continued nonstop the whole day. come nightime, it was as if i swallowed shards of broken glass and that sharp pain was uncomfortable. i slept it off when i got home hoping it would be gone by morning. when i woke up, nothing changed. the pain was still there, even worse. this morning i asked my mother to meet me at St. Luke's because the pain was already bothering me. hours later, were were walking around the hospital looking for a urologist or an obstetrician gynecologist (we didn't know what's wrong with my tummy). doctors were out of their clinics because there was a convention for doctors of some sort. yeah, i know! a hospital without available doctors. how weird!

the first doctor i went to was an Ob-Gyne. she only talked to me for ONE MINUTE! no exaggeration! my mother and i waited for two hours for her because she was in surgery and when she finally saw me she just signed for an ultrasound request! i was furious because she didn't even check how i was feeling and prescribe any painkillers. so my mother asked for another doctor instead. this time for a tummy doctor. the last one was better because he ordered all sorts of ultrasound tests for me including ultrasound for my fallopian tubes. plus, he prescribed painkillers (which do not work!).

i'm going back next week for the test results but i don't know if i can wait that long because my tummy is still in pain after two days non-stop and the drug isn't working AT ALL. here's hoping that the pain won't get any worse because it's uncomfortable.

sigh

4 Comments:

Blogger maks said...

it's clear gail without a doubt your pregnant hahaha. just kidding.

10:08 PM  
Blogger Lee-Ann said...

hope that it's nothing serious & ur tummy pain will go away ;) and congrats graduate ka na! =) Wish you all the best

11:31 PM  
Blogger Dei Vy said...

that sounds scary, but i don't think the doctor will opt to see you seven days after if it's anything serious. so, here's to hoping it's nothing serious at all.

and i'm sorry about that tummy aches. i hate that!

3:49 PM  
Blogger Gail Mallo said...

maks: ano yun immaculate conception?

lee-ann: i hope it goes away too!

daivy: it's such a pain to be a girl!

12:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home