the geek chronicles

writing. shooting. embracing life.

Thursday, April 6, 2006

things i learned this week

- shit happens even to the most undeserving of people.

- SPSS (that stat program) is not hard afterall! i worship the gods who created the program for making my life a million times easier in tabulating survey data. phew!

- my thesis A Research on HIV/AIDS Among Filipino Seafarers is not just a thesis anymore. it's the fruit of my dying thirst to find out what stakeholders are doing in HIV/AIDS awareness and intervention. plus, writing it is an experience i will never forget. i now have a strong DESIRE to do something about it and a hope that it will contribute something to society rather than just gather dust on the shelves of theses at the UP Manila CAS library. my practicum experience working on HIV/AIDS at PGH and this thesis has turned me into an HIV/AIDS advocate.

- the more scarier thing than HIV/AIDS itself are the prejudices on the virus.

- GOD answers prayers even if you didn't expect him to hear you THAT FAST.

- caffeine will always be my drug.

- i can live without internet but i still need the wonderful technology of electronic mail.

- i can live without my ipod.

- i CANNOT live without writing.

- i can live without sleeping until noon.

- i am always drowsey.

- i will always have fat days.

- i want to throw everything in my closet away and buy NEW stuff to wear not because i'm materialistic or ditzy that way but because i need change.

- i will always be a pandora's box waiting to be opened.

- i will always be tired.

- my family will always be my life support system.

- i have awesome parents.

- i have a wonderful sister.

- i have a wonderful partner in crime who tolerates my being a brat as much as i tolerate his being a brat. mu ha ha ha.

- even if i don't become a full-time social worker i will always have a place for social work inside of me.

- i tried not to overanalyze to much the past few weeks and i'm feeling way way way better already :)

- i will always turn back to reading, sugar, and caffeine to make me feel high.

- i will always be a movie buff.

- i will always be the girl who liked to gaze at the stars.

- i will always be the girl who looks normal but is weird REALLY.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home