the geek chronicles

writing. shooting. embracing life.

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

music and oblivion

everyday i wake up with a cloud on my head.

i hear Daniel Powter crooning "you need a blue sky holiday..." in the background, a line from Bad Day. oh yes, a blue sky holiday is what i need. and i bob my head up and down, oblivious to people staring at me-- highly amused and embarrassed for poor me at the same time. i dismiss their glares and blank stares but i've learned not to care a long time ago. i have this moment to savor-- just me and my music player with blaring music from the earphones on full volume. and i smile again. it's not a bad day at all. this is a good day, just me and my own world drowned by music and oblivion.

* * *


Wonderful World - Joey Ramone
i know, it's another favorite song. but nothing beats the original versions of Wonderful World, Moon River, and Somewhere Over the Rainbow (although Mishka Adams's version of this song is ♥ too). these songs take me on a high. they make all things fall into place.

Image hosting by Photobucket
I see trees of green,red roses too
I see ’em bloom for me and for you
And I think to myself what a wonderful world.
I see skies of blue, clouds of white
Bright blessed days, dark sacred nights
And I think to myself, what a wonderful world.

1 Comments:

Blogger Gail Mallo said...

NICE: we all need a holiday. *sigh*

5:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home