the geek chronicles

writing. shooting. embracing life.

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

i'm feeling blah today. must be the weather.

i'm a drug dependent person. i have frequent and very bad migraine attacks. unfortunately, migraine does not have a cure at all. only painkillers and preventive drugs (like Sibelium and Ava Migran) help to ease the pain or avoid it all together. i take painkillers almost on a regular basis because i cannot just let migraine make me cringe in pain. so when i received a text message from a friend (who work's in the medical field) regarding Ibuprofen and its effect of increasing heart-related problems such as stroke and heart attack, i didn't believe it. but lo and behold! The Nation says so too! It says there that Ibuprofen is effective and safe ONLY if taken in SMALL DOSES in a short period of time. does this mean i'm going to die of heart attack or stroke? so yeah, just a friendly reminder: DO NOT DEPEND ON IBUPROFEN OR PAINKILLERS FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE. i'm going to take my advice too.

my favorite medication is Tylenol PM because it knocks me out to sleep in 30 minutes! most adults use it (like my aunt!) to induce sleep when she's too stressed to sleep after work. i think she just turned me into a Tylenol PM addict. kidding, of course. :P

it's also going to be a busy rainy season this year: Forecasters Predict Active Hurricane Season. lets pray that our country won't suffer from more mudslides, flooding, and other casualities the rainy season usually bring.

my ipod mini may be sick too. even if i charge it for more than 3 hours the battery keeps charging and charging and never gets full. purrrrfect. *whacks ipod mini*.

i spent the afternoon watching tv. i caught One Tree Hill and somewhere during the ending of the episode Lucas voiced-over my favorite poem!

Invictus
by William Ernest Henley; 1849-1903



Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find me, unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate;
I am the captain of my soul.


panalo!

totally unrelated and random: it amazes me how one could loathe the other for acting in a certain way yet acts exactly the same way himself.

4 Comments:

Blogger Dei Vy said...

you know, i heard weed is a very good pain killer. ahahaha. maybe you could get the medical one.. i heard those ones are the grade-A weed.

LOL just kidding. i'm sure there is a plant-based diet or kind of veggies you could eat to reduce your migraine.

let's google it.

7:46 AM  
Blogger Gail Mallo said...

DEI: you're a health nut! HAHA! but yeah, living healthy and eating healthy is the best way to live especially if you have bad health genes. :-/

yeah! lets google it! :P

11:32 AM  
Blogger Dei Vy said...

haha, what can i say? it's the only way i could make up for all the junk food i consumed all my life!

2:37 PM  
Blogger Gail Mallo said...

junkfood is good! sana nga yung taste ng junkfood ganun nalang taste ng health food. but low fat, low calorie, sugarfree everything just taste horrible!

5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home