the geek chronicles

writing. shooting. embracing life.

Friday, December 9, 2005

i write random things when i'm tired

i got home past 9:30 in the evening, tired and worn out from spending the whole day participating in org work. i can't believe we played bingo for almost 5 hours! i'm never lucky when it comes to these things. i think people who love me can breathe a little easier because at least they'll know that i'll never be a gambler. i suck at winning. too bad. i was hoping i'd win the Powerbooks gift certificate, the flash drive, or the bicycle. phooey. i got dizzy and my eyes hurt by the end of the day. plus, i was already hungry but i chose not to eat (even if there was food for the orgmates) because it was late and i had to go home. it took me extra effort to force myself to stay awake during the ride home although my mind was already asleep. spaced-out. that's how i was on the way home. i ate dinner right away and then lighted candles, dropped a few drops of incense oil that smells like cinnamon on the incense burner, and took a very cold shower. it always relaxes me-- candles and a cold shower. so now i'm waiting my hair to dry out so i can finally hop into bed and doze off.

meanwhile...

Christmastime. my favorite time of the year. there's something about the cool air, Christmas lights, carols, and gift-giving that makes me feel really giddy. i've been blog hopping a lot these days and in these blogs people are really getting as hyped as i am for Christmas. i hope to do something special this year because during the past Christmases i've been broke because it's either i already spent my savings in advance or i didn't have savings at all. therefore, no gifts to give nor letters or cards to write because i kept procrastinating until i run out of time.

and because Christmas is around the corner and i've been seeing wishlists on every blog i hop into, i'm going to make my very own:

- a green round small mousepad from Humor Post.
- the small Rubber Duckie coin bank from Humor Post
- a pair of army green (men's) Havianas/apple green Havaianas (ladies) size 35-36
- a Starbucks commuter mug in black or Thermos so that i'll always have my coffee hot.
- 256MB flash card
- Body Shop Lip and Cheek Tint (because i lost my old one and i gave my spare to my sister)
- scented candles
- bottle of Spirit of Moonflower fragrance oil from The Body Shop
- dark chocolate (Lindt, Hershey's, whatever! as long as it's dark chocolate)
- a nifty/practical planner from Powerbooks

so yeah. it's really simple, you know. save for the flash card, planner from Powerbooks, and Havaianas. but then again, i might get these things for myself because every now and then, it feels good to splurge when you've refrained from spending too much on material things.

gahhh. i loooove the smell of the fragrance oil that's currently burning beside me. it smells like cinnamon! i was too groggy to read the bottle where the fragrance oil came from. maybe it is cinnamon :) i'm on a natural high!

now, off to bed. i need to lie down. my legs are killing me and the smell of soap still on my skin is making me even more sleepy than i originally was.

4 Comments:

Blogger Liane said...

i want a commuter mug too.. life's wayy easier with it.. hahaha..

2:40 AM  
Blogger Gail Mallo said...

haha! you bet!

7:54 PM  
Blogger badly drawn boy said...

rubber ducky you're the one...

10:11 AM  
Blogger Gail Mallo said...

mr. poe: HAHA! would you believe? i have an mp3 of that song!!! :D

10:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home