the geek chronicles

writing. shooting. embracing life.

Friday, November 25, 2005

sleepy tuesdays

i just had a long ass day. a long ass day for me is 5am-3pm (class from 7am-2.30pm with a three-hour break in between). i can't stress enough how hard it is to wake up at 5am in the morning these days. usually my routine is like this: i wake up, robotically take a shower, get ready for school, and dream of bread (slightly toasted) slathered in creamy peanut butter (only the local Lily's kind, please). then i think about the smell of hot coffee. the taste of coffee drives my mind crazy because it's usually cold these days but on days when i'm in a rush for a 7am class and with my father waiting for me in the car outside, i have no time for breakfast. yes, even for a hot or cold mug of Nesvita to prevent my poor stomach to rumble. when it's December and it's cold in the mornings especially during before sunrise, it gets a triple times harder to wake up and be in school on time. lucky for me i hitch a ride with my dad to school who prods me to get up each morning on days when we go to Manila together because he likes being early in the office for parking. when i get to school, the hallways are eerie. they always give me goosebumps. thanks to the kuyas of PhilCare (the janitorial service), i am comforted that i am not alone. but i wonder why i'm sometimes not afraid. perhaps it's because sometimes i ignore the creepy feeling of the dark hallway and me being the only person on the 3rd floor of Gusaling Andres Bonifacio. Room 304. i'd open the door and as usual, at 6.30am i'd find myself alone. i used to not switch on the lights because i'd like to think it's cozier that way. but after proving how much it makes me more sleepy on early mornings right before 7am, i'd switch them on and plug the earphones of my trusty little green Mini. i try to drown the deafening silence by soundtripping. sometimes i'd review my notes for a quiz we always have for Dr. Boncan's class on American History. then classmates would start coming in and it's safe to come back to the world again. i'd pull the earphones off and start chatting away.

i never thought i'd say this but it looks like i'm going to miss my lonely and sleepy 7am class because it was moved to 10am now. rawr. just as i was about to appreciate sleepy mornings, they change the sked. oh well. no more rides with my father, though.

so now i'm very sleepy. i know that when i sleep this headache off i know i'll wake up about 4 hours later. i sleep like a baby when i wake up early in the morning. it's as if an invisible thread keeps the eyelids closed no matter how much you want to open your eyes and wake up already. when that happens, i usually give myself an imaginary kick but usually i sleep another few hours more. afterall, it is the weekend.

on the way home from school today i had a lot of thoughts inside my mind that i wanted to write about. thoughts that are not just this-is-what-i-did-today thoughts. they may actually be profound but then it happened again -- that feeling when some thoughts were meaningful and actually made sense while they were inside your head and when you write them down you end up not stressing out your point strong enough. sometimes they come out okay but only convey as much as half of what you want to actually say. i'm not even sure you understand but if you get the picture, i congratulate myself. i'm not talking gibberish. so yeah, now i'm going to keep them inside my head for a while.

oh, i just finished downloading Google Earth. it rocks! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home