the geek chronicles

writing. shooting. embracing life.

Sunday, May 31, 2009

rainy days and saturdays

Today was a hella good day. After a few weeks (about three weeks tops), I went to the mall again. I kind of missed malling, hah! And because it rained the whole day (to my delight!) we didn't want to go anywhere else but to a nearby mall. Alej and I had breakfast for dinner at Heaven N' Eggs. Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day along with dessert, of course. We haven't eaten there in a year or so because the last time we went there (Eastwood branch), we got so disappointed because the potato wedges were stale (the potato skin was already chewey!) and I didn't like what I ordered. Clearly, it was forgettable because I don't even remember what I ordered there. So anyway, we wanted Japanese but the line was too long. I was wondering why everyone seemed to be at the mall tonight but I got my answer after a while-- all the stores were on sale!

I had three kinds of sausages, mashed potatoes, scrambled eggs, and two pieces of pancakes on the side. This was just ONE order, you see. But the serving was generous and because I love breakfast and I loved what I ordered, I can't believe I polished off the whole plate! The pancakes were in place of rice. I'm not a rice person but I am a pancake person so it was a great choice. Alej had the three kinds of bacon, potato wedges, and white rice.

I also finally had my fix of froyo!!! Imagine my delight when I saw a Red Mango at the mall! Gahhhh! We had to line up right away and naturally, we had to have fruits on our yogurt-- kiwi and mango. I wanted to have strawberries on it too but it wasn't available. I love the froyo because it's smoother and creamier than Californiaberry at Greenhills.




I also FINALLY bought a transparent umbrella because I've always wanted one but never got one for whatever reason. Now I don't have to feel lazy to lug around a huge ass umbrella or have a hard time folding one when I get out of the car in the rain. It's lightweight, you see and it's perfect for my size. Nevermind if it's not foldable, it's easy to carry and IT'S TRANSPARENT!

I got one exactly like this:



Except I'm going to look happier than the girl in the photo using my new transparent umbrella-ella-ella!

It was a great night!

CREDITS ON IMAGES: I just Image Googled them. To the owners, feel free to take credit and thank you so much!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Dei Vy said...

Red Mango is like Pink Berry. I wonder who came first?! Do they have the green tea yogurt soft serve too?

3:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home