the geek chronicles

writing. shooting. embracing life.

Friday, May 29, 2009

oh hey, an update!

I told myself I'd write more so I WILL WRITE MORE. My Psychiatric Nursing instructor said that journaling (in this techy age, BLOGGING) helps relieve stress because of letting pent up emotions out. Writing has always been therapeutic for me and reading through old entries makes me feel good. For some odd reason I have somewhere to look when I feel unaccomplished with my life.

So lately I've been back to watching Grey's Anatomy and I'm instantly hooked AGAIN. I may have stopped watching for quite some time but going back to the show reminds me why I got addicted in the first place. It's even more interesting now because I get to hear familiar medical terms/conditions and well, I've always seen myself working in a hospital so it gets really interesting each time. Nevermind if Izzie is still annoying and too emotional, never mind that Meredith is still the broken girl who can't be fixed, never mind if I want to reach into the screen and give Dr. Shepherd a hug for being sweet, and never mind if they involve their personal lives with work too much...it's still Grey's Anatomy. It's still fun to watch.

I've also taken that brave step to see my doctors again. I'm always lazy to see doctors but last week I did that. I went to see my cardiologist for a routine check-up for my Mitral Valve Prolpase. Had a routine 2D-Echo done to monitor if there are any significant changes in my heart (there's Mild Regurgitation) and I had spontaneous bruising last week (a very BIG one) that was a cause of alarm. After a normal blood work I realized that it must be the migraine medication I was taking. I've been having frequent migraine headaches the past few months and have been taking Excedrin a whole lot, it finally caught up with me when the aspirin, acetaminophen, and caffeine started giving me bruises. I told this to my doctor when I went to him and showed him the results and he agreed. He promptly asked me to stop the medication right away and referred me to a neurologist to get a migraine evaluation done so he can prescribe me safe migraine medication.

About my heart, my cardiologist is out of town until June 1 so I haven't showed him the results yet although the reading of my 2d-Echo says "No significant changes since the last Echo" so that must be good. But I still want to ask him about the Inderal medication he asked me before if I wanted to take it. I've been having symtpoms that tires me out easily, fatigue, palpitations, and maybe the headaches too. My doc says that my heart beats powerfully too, must be the heart overworking itself out that's why I tire a lot and get sleepy too often. Anyway, I still have to talk to him when he gets back. If the medication is going to improve my symptoms then I want to have it.

I'm waiting for another episode of Grey's Anatomy to load. I think it's ready now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home