the geek chronicles

writing. shooting. embracing life.

Sunday, February 19, 2006

gail's reading list for 2006

this year's reading list (will be adding to this...):

she's come undone (wally lamb)
i know this much is true (wally lamb)
the curious incident of the dog in the night-time (Mark Haddon)
one flew over the cuckoo's nest (ken kesey)
what looks like crazy on an ordinary day (pearl cleage)

and i have two new books:

the secret of life (elizabeth wurtzel)
sticky fingers (niki burnham)

yey!

my uncle and his family from california arrived last night. they're visiting for two weeks after 18 years. my mother arrived this morning. our world became topsy-turvey when they came-- a lot of merry-making, FOOD, and currently, there's our Limcumpao version of Adults Gone Wild. think what a Magic Sing and red wine can do to adults. oh my gulay! they're singing their hearts out. my aunt and my mom are competing with my dad and my uncle. they're really hilarious! HAHA! it's so nice and fun to watch adults kick back and actually have real FUN because only Lord knows how much they need it.

there's more eating, going out, and family "UBE" (Ultimate Bonding Experience, hehe) in the days to come. too bad i won't be able to join them all the time because i have thesis to finish and that Ilocos-La Union trip for my history class. i'll be gone from friday until the end of the weekend. it's going to be a blast and exhausting as well. the thought of missing the weekend out of town trip with my relatives and family sucks (really) but i can't have the best of both worlds.

oh well. here's to family, adults gone wild, and good books to read.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home