the geek chronicles

writing. shooting. embracing life.

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

i will sing, i will praise


long overdue gradeschool reunion photos :) some are from my cam but most are care of Hana and Jezrel (thanks guys!). heeh :)


switched back to blogspot's premade template because i feel like it. i can't seem to stick to one particular template because i'm indecisive that way. but oh well. i said i'd stay away from the internet but look at me now. i should be in bed because it's almost midnight (haha feeling Cinderella!). but i'm still enjoying the sound of rain outside my window. it's rare, you know. it was really hot today. i thought i'd get heatstroke or something on my way home. today i realized how good it feels to feel "infinite" (if you've read The Perks of Being a Wallflower, you'll get what i mean) despite the imperfections of life. like shit happens, yes. but the imperfections of life is what makes life perfect. yes? think about it. when everything's perfect, you'll no longer appreciate high times anymore because it's like normal for you to be high like that. i need space for self-improvement like i want to know GOD more. i have a strong faith, that's for sure. but i feel the need to do more like maybe pay more attention to the Bible because honestly, i don't know much about the Bible.

do you know this song by Don Moen? it's called I Will Sing.

Lord You seem so far away. A million miles or more it feels today.
And though I haven't lost my faith, I must confess right now that it's hard for me to pray.
But I don't know what to say and I don't know where to start.
But as you give the grace with all that's in my heart.

I will sing.
I will praise even in my darkest time through the sorrow and the pain.
I will sing. I will praise.
Lift my hands to honor You because Your word is true. I will sing.


i want to know God more. i want to be a better person. i want to speak less ill off people. the past sunday while hanging out with Jez, we talked about faith. she asked me (or was i the one who asked her?) if i was religious... i said i don't think i'm religious but i'm a very spiritual person and i believe in a Higher Being-- GOD. as much as possible i want to live a good life by offering my life to HIM and to people as well. i want to learn to be more of a "human doing" than just a "human being". i want to be able to feel that i've accomplished something after this life... kind of like what Anne Frank said in her diary when she said she wanted to live forever even after she leave this world. there was something peaceful about walking at the UP campus with trees and all as Jez and i talked about our faith. the only very wrong thing about it all was the weather because it was humid. but the surrounding trees helped a lot. at least it sort of provided a little cooling in the air. :)

if you remember the line in the movie A Walk to Remember, Landon mentioned that "Jamie's love was like the wind. I can't see it but I can feel it all the time." Same goes for GOD's love.

wish me luck on my journey to self-discovery and getting closer to GOD. i pray that i won't stray away.

6 Comments:

Blogger Aletha Jane said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Gail,

Yah, I'll be praying for you while you are on that path, Ive tried to travel that path many times although I never seem to get to my final destination or even a definite conclusion, I guess we'll never know and we'll never get there until we pass away and come face to face with God Himself, but thats besides the point. Each time I travel that road, I learn more and more about myself, my capacities as a person and what I can do to make this world a better place, cliche I know, but I guess enlightenment comes not to those who sit idly and wait while the world passes them by, but to those who take the initiative to seek out the truth, be it in themselves or in their surroundings.

Not sure if any of that made sense but it does to me to some degree, haha...

Say happy birthday to your Dad for me, thats pretty cool how your dads birthday falls right on Mothers day too, btw, when is your birthday? I dont think I know when it is.

Take care and God bless!

Renjie

ps. I was so going to comment on how you keep on changing your blog layout but I guess you took the words right out of my mouth! :-P

1:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

some random guy on friendster:
Hi miss. mukha kang sex bomb.

you mean the sex bomb dancers? or just sex bomb? either way, you're still funny, dude.

*rolls over laughing*

read that from ur livejournal archive......that made my day!!!

i also checked out ur pics.....such a talent.......keep it up.....

see u soon

paolo m. :-)

9:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

why did u pick pictures where am not that pretty? ahahaha. hay nako.

hindi ixus yang camera ni bert. nagpapanggap lang. it's a powershot S300 and my powershot A70 is way better than that! bwahahaha.

11:32 PM  
Blogger εsтнεя said...

Hey Gail,

I'm glad your looking for the Truth and I pray that God would give you the discernment in searching for Him.."cuz Seek and You shall find..Ask and the door shall be open".

Just don't be astrayed by faiths that seem so true..some are deceptive!

Any questions? Hope I can help out.

Love,
Esther

8:56 PM  
Blogger Gail Mallo said...

RENJIE heyy! thanks!

DEI: read it na dei! thanks!!

PAOLO: i knoww! the message made me laugh too! haha!

JEZ: di kaya! you look good naman ah!

ESTHER: thank you, Esther! i will let you know if i find out :)

11:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home