the geek chronicles

writing. shooting. embracing life.

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

you know what i'm into lately? Save the Last Dance For Me-- yes, that Korean soap opera. :P jologs na kung jologs. i happen to enjoy it. to think that when all the asian soap operas hit the philippines i kept saying that i couldn't see why everyone else was so hooked up on these soaps. but they're actually pretty entertaining because it's shallow. when you live a stressful life, it's good to watch shallow tv once in a while to take your mind off things.

shallow tv shows like that 70s show is very entertaining too which is why i love mondays on star world because they air my favorite sitcoms.

i overslept this evening. i should know by now that switching off the alarm on my cellphone is such a bad idea because i always end up falling back to sleep and then wake up at a much later hour. argh. but thank goodness i was only 30 minutes late so i was able to catch up after apologizing to my professor. these days have been irritatingly hot. summer is just around the bend and it's showing already. i'm irritable when it's too hot.

i finally have photoshop installed here! yey! i bought the installation cd before i went home. i'm blogging from the living room because my mother is trying to get rid of all the junk in the room. heeh. gotta technology. so much for my wanting to be an anarchist: simplicity! simplicity! simplicity! as Henry David Thoreau said. i seriously favored anarchy when i took up SOCSCI2 and was required to read an essay from Walden by Henry David Thoreau. when you read Where I Lived and What I Lived For, you'd want to flee to the mountains and live in a cabin with a pond to bond with nature. no electricity, no modernity whatsoever. just simplicity. life seems better that way just watching the sunset at dusk and appreciating nature in the morning.

but alas, my mind has already been corrupted by modernity particularly technology. life was made simpler but of course, convenience has a price-- pollution, it is costly, and corrupt people's minds. erm, i wouldn't say i have been fully corrupted yet. i guess life is that way, people need to make way for improvement because just as it has its disadvantages, it also has advantages. i guess people just have to remember to not be too technology driven. i guess people should once in a while remember the convenience of simplicity in this high-tech world.

as for me, i admit that i am a gadget person and if i had money in my hands i would've gone crazy over the latest gadgets. but mind you, i know my limits and i know when my knack for gadgets cross the line to the point of being materialistic. i don't want to be that. as long as the gadgets would serve me useful and as long as they're gifts (or bought with parental consent), i'm perfectly okay.

enough about anarchy hehe. that'll never for happen for me, that i have come to accept.

anyway... pictures of the past weekend. my sister's graduation and the family get-together before my dad left on monday. i saw my cousins again (at least three of them). i love my family. :)


we are family!!! hehe! the first picture is of my mom and her sister. they look soooo much alike!! the little boy in the red shirt with glasses is my cute cousin Chad. the girl in black shirt is my cousin anne who's a year older than i. she's graduating at the end of the sem. the girl in sleeveless is my sister. the other guy in red is my older cousin Zeniel.


graduation at the Plenary Hall of the Philippine International Convention Center (PICC) and crossover buffet lunch at the Saisaki/Dads/Kamayan in glorietta. my mother also bought me The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath at Powerbooks. finally!!! but i'll start this weekend because i don't have time these days.

3 Comments:

Blogger maks said...

wow your older sister looks great. congrats to her...:D pero syempre ur still the best gail hahaha

5:23 PM  
Blogger Anerine said...

yeah. i really agree with you whe it comes to that korean TV series "Save the Last Dance For Me" Hey, do u mind if i link your site to mine? God bless you...I love your blog! Keep blogging!

8:07 PM  
Blogger Gail Mallo said...

Anerinehello :) sure you can link me and thanks for the compliment!

keep on watching Save the Last Dance for Me hahaha! :D

8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home