the geek chronicles

writing. shooting. embracing life.

Sunday, February 13, 2005

yesterday morning i lazily dragged myself off the bed and walked straight to the bookshelf. i stared at the books for quite a while thinking of what i felt like reading. i picked out a book and several hours later i found myself still in pajamas, hair in a messy ponytail, and nose still stuck to the one i picked out. i literally spent the whole day reading. after eating dinner, i picked the book up again and continued devouring every single page. it's amazing how i never paid much attention to this book because it's a romance novel, the Nora Roberts kind which i don't really read. in the evening i found myself really groggy with my eyes droopy. so as early as 8pm i fell asleep with the book in my hands. i woke up in a trance, unsure if i had slept at all. ever had the feeling of knowing that you did fall asleep but you're not sure because it didn't feel like it? because you knew while you were asleep that your brain didn't stop thinking? (what am i saying? of course the brain never stops thinking even while sleeping! but i'm sure you get me...) i think it happens when you fall into a shallow slumber for an hour.

a day later... it's now Sunday and i did the same. woke up, walked straight to the living room half-asleep with the book in my hands, snuggled on the sofa and read until late afternoon.

it has been a while since i did this. read all day. it felt good. although i may not call it "relaxation" since my eyes have puffy eyebags and shadows under each of them. it's okay. i still feel well rested which brings me to the realization that i've bummed the whole weekend. i haven't worked on my report for thursday. i must to that now to avoid procrastination.

i'll be off to the airport right after class tomorrow. my parents are coming home. i'm so excited already! how i wish i could skip class just to be at the airport earlier than we should be but i can't because i am a reporter for my anthropology class.

hay. the joys of being a bum. i'm off to finish my mango smoothie and the novel i'm reading. don't give me that funny look just because the book is a romance novel :) a light read is recommended once in a while. i thought about finishing Angels and Demons (Dan Brown) but i wasn't up to boggling my mind with the various names, riddles, and puzzles that Langdon has to solve. it just isn't like The Da Vinci Code which i didn't put down until i finished the whole novel.

i hope everyone had a restful weekend!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Siyempre masaya talaga kapag wala kang gagawin kung hindi magbasa. Glad you enjoyed it. ;)

5:28 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home