the geek chronicles

writing. shooting. embracing life.

Sunday, August 20, 2006

brought to you by Home by Michael Buble

i miss slow dancing-- closing my eyes and leaning my head against my dance partner and listening to his heartbeat. i miss being lost in the music and the distinct feeling like i do not belong to the world as if i were some place else. i miss the natural high. the feeling that nothing else matters but to dance until the song is finished. it's priceless because sometimes i like time to trickle like that. sometimes i like the feeling of detaching myself from the world especially at times when i don't feel like feeling.

maybe this is why prom was so exciting for me. prom was an excuse to get away from everything else and focus on that special night-- the perfect dress, the perfect hair, the perfect make-up, the perfect evening... PERFECT. i had a good time, i danced the night away, and slow danced until my high-heeled feet couldn't take it anymore.

i want to slow dance. :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home