the geek chronicles

writing. shooting. embracing life.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

crazy tuesday always drives me crazy

I am tired. Please remind me not to down a mug of hot green tea right before going to bed. It was my fault because I thought I could stay up all night studying for two exams and then I changed my mind after because I finished studying early. By the time I was dead tired at 2am, I couldn't sleep and the wall clock in the room was ticking and tocking in my ears that I wanted to grab it from the wall and switch it off. A few restless hours later, I woke up grumpily and wished that the day was over so I could finally crawl back into bed.

It's a good thing two exams are off my back now. One report and two more exams (which are still unscheduled) to go. Then there's thesis. Speaking of thesis, I am very worried that I might not finish on time. I hate not finishing things and not beating the deadline. I feel that my adviser trusts me too much to not impose a deadline for a first draft and I hate to disappoint him. I should demand for a deadline because I work well with pressure. Most of my blockmates have thesis dilemmas too because we're being treated like mature adults now-- most of us don't have deadlines. We can submit it whenever we want to as long as we have outputs. But the thing is, are we really that mature and disciplined? Maybe my blockmates but sad to say, I do not trust myself. So yes, I will ask for a deadline and make that work plan probably tonight so I can finally get a move on. I'm like a turtle sleepily approaching that finish line. So near, yet so far.

But despite my crankly sleepless self, as always, my blockmates and closest friends kept me really sane. Oh, and lets not forget the hot (very strong) mocha from the caf because we ran out of iced coffee. WHO RUNS OUT OF ICED COFFEE AT 12PM? oh well. Like what paolo said, our block is like a bunch of characters from a crazy sitcom with our crazy jokes and antics. I swear, we can actually make a comedy show (think Arrested Development). We're accidentally funny and amusing in a lot of ways and I'm not just saying this because this is my block I'm talking about.

And then there's the usual killing of vacant time at UP Manila's "student center" that is the Robinson's Place Ermita. I love window shopping and just walking around with my school friends. Today we browsed all the bookstores: Booksale, National Bookstore, and Powerbooks and saw many books that I'd like. I also got Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret by Judy Blume because in freshman year I keep seeing it on the bookshelves at the Young Adult/Children's Books section. Then some time last year I saw the Top 100 Novels of All Time by TIME Magazine and the book got into the list so it must be good, right? And speaking of books, I traded one of my two copies of The Bonesetter's Daughter (Amy Tan) with Bea for The Rule of Four.

At the end of the day, I hung out with Van a little more at the mall and then went home where I collapsed on the couch with Amidala (the shi-tzu) sitting on top of my tummy as if saying that she missed me the whole day. I could have slept for hours on the couch but my sister made me move to the room. And then when I got there just as I was falling asleep, she started talking and I couldn't sleep anymore.

But I got a few hours of sleep after dinner. I'm saving the rest of my drowsiness for later because I still have to wake up early tomorrow for another class.

Hope everyone had a great Tuesday. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home